Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So longish story. I have a CR250 chassis I want to build into a simple air cooled woods bike. I think a blaster motor would work great but not really enough power in stock form. I'm looking for Kawasaki KDX type power. Which is also a 200cc but liquid cooled and I don't want to fool with that.

I'm an experienced builder and have no problems splitting a case. I currently ride a dual sport KLX340. Big bore, pumper carb, port and polished head, exhaust +1 valves.

So any suggestions how to get tractable 30hp out of a blaster motor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Porting, Head rechamber, 3mil stroker and or a 240 cylinder. Or to keep it a 200cc I would then go with A Ct 200cc or an Airsal cylinder. In the order of better power I would go Ct, Airsal, Vitos and then a stock cyl with a 240 sleeve <, in that order. All ported for the intended need of course.

Then depending on the riding style I would choose a good after market pipe. But then again the pipe would need to fit into the frame without cutting up the pipe. Or you could always have one made but that can get pricey.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know this is a year old post, but my son and I have gone down both roads.
I built a KTM 250 powered Blaster:

My son build a watercooled 32hp DT200 powered Blaster:

He has a 35+hp air cooled Blaster as well:

And I have a bored and stroked 240cc Blaster:

My suggestion is to stick with the Blaster motor.
More than enough power can be made with it and it comes with a superior transmission for ATV use, compared to any of the MX motors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts