Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to build a 686, and my cylinder needs a new sleeve. I found a raptor cylinder for $150 thats already bored to 686. http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=65498&highlight=
Its not a fresh bore and he doesnt have the piston. Would I be better off getting my cylinder sleeved and bored to a 686?

Im also going to need a new rod. Is anything wrong with CARILLO? I dont need the absolute best. Where can I send my crank to put the new rod on? Will they need the piston when they ballance the crank and new rod?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Not sure about the bore question, but 150 bucks sound pretty good, and you'd have a spare if anything blows in the future..

As far as the Carillo rods, they are top shelf .. will never have another worry..

Any machine shop that you send the parts to will need the entire rotating assembly to balance them correctly, if it's connected to the crank, send it .. Piston, ring, wristpin, rod, crank, (flywheel if it's connected, i haven't pulled mine apart yet)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
There are better rods for the same price, call Bob Craycraft (www.14mins.com).

Personally, I would not buy a sleeve that's already bored unless I could mic it first.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, Thanks for the replys. Heres a pic of the cylinder he wants $150 for. Look good, or not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts