Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to have my connecting rod replaced with a wiseco heavy duty one. does anyone have a brand that they feel is better??? if i am going to tear it down i would like to have the best. thanks..

·
Registered
674 Posts
have falicon in florida send you one of their knife edge rods. Alot of top racers run them.

you can pm Masterofgoingfaster, he works for them.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Ti rod, heavy duty version if you plan to run NOS. There are less expensive options but none lighter or stronger.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i do eventually want to throw Nitrous on it thats part of the main reason i want to swap it out. how about a CARILLO rod???

·
Registered
538 Posts
They are $495.00 for the ti rods.I am not sure if its the standard ti or heavy duty. They are made by b&m(not the trans company) industries.I have the chromoly rod from them. I do know Craycraft uses them.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I ran a carillo on my 727 on a 20 shot never had a problem 15+ bottles held up. Knowing that you have a carillo is peace of mind for your bottom end.

·
Registered
22 Posts
nitrotmann said:
have falicon in florida send you one of their knife edge rods. Alot of top racers run them.

you can pm Masterofgoingfaster, he works for them.
Well....

We don't make a Knife Rod for the Raptor. Sorry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We don't make any rods for the Raptor. We use whatever the customer supplies when we stroke Raptors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maddog56 said:
Basically not a machine they focus on in the least.
Gee, that seems a bit unfair. We have been working pretty hard on the Raptor kit for months. But please keep in mind that our limited manpower is divided among many forms of racing and types of engines. We spent a lot of time on the YFZ-450 because a _lot_ of racers buy those cranks. We get far fewer Raptor cranks.

We are _very_ interested in the Raptor and we will have a nice kit, but it does take time. We get more calls for the Cannondale than for the Raptor. Amazing, isn't it? But Cannondale riders put up the money to have billet cranks made, so now they have a billet crank.

But if you mean that we are dragging on our development of the kit, I'd agree. We do have many stroked Raptors running around, we just don't have a complete kit at this point. We have a big bore/stroker Raptor being tested, but that takes months. Once we have a design we are happy with, we have to tool up for production. That takes time - and money.

Please bear in mind that we are a market-driven company and our job is to provide products and services that our customers ask for. If we didn't, we would out of business. That being said, we are doing the Raptor because we think it's a cool quad with a lot of potential. We want to get it right.

Right now, we don't offer a kit - but we certainly do modifications. We just don't offer the mods in a kit form.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
MasterOfGoingFaster said:
But if you mean that we are dragging on our development of the kit, I'd agree. We do have many stroked Raptors running around, we just don't have a complete kit at this point. We have a big bore/stroker Raptor being tested, but that takes months. Once we have a design we are happy with, we have to tool up for production. That takes time - and money.
That was basically my point. The raptor has been out for 3 more years than the yfz, 2 more than the predator, and about 3.5 years longer than the trx450. The raptor has always had an inherently weak rod from day one.

Yet, you have products for or have been much quicker in developing products for these machines. Now I understand that the Pred had a lot of backing so its creation was sped up greatly. Also, the 450 class bikes are now the most popular and there is a great demand.

I do not fault falicon for not having products ready to go for the raptor, I was just trying to say that it did not seem a high priority at Falicon at this time. From a business standpoint Falicon looks as though its doing a lot of things right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts