Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, compression is in and out? Like the starter spins, no compression, then boom! Compression. Then it’s back to no compression after a few more cranks. Back and fourth. But as soon I hear compression after awhile, it’ll fire and run. Could it be the one way? Valves? Outta time? I’m stumped.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
i am not sure i understand what you are saying. is there a question in there? let me take a stab at what i think you are saying. you are describing the normal action of a 4 stroke engine; makes compression every other time the piston comes to the top. is that what yours is doing?
are you trying to describe a hard start issue?
the only part on a warrior that is a " one way" anything is the one way bearing/starter clutch and if it spins that is working
if you are describing a hard start low compression can cause a hard start and be caused by the valves being out of adjustment as well as other things.
the only way to know if it is out of time is to check the timing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K, so I’ll crank the engine for like 45 seconds, I can hear the starter spinning, it has no compression the entire time. Then i guess you can say it “grabs” and I can hear the engine turn over and feel the compression for like 8seconds, as I continue to crank it, the compression goes away, and then comes back again after another minute.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
so the starter spins but the motor does not turn over and then it grabs and the motor turns over?
or the motor turns over the entire time and has compression some times and not others?
how are you measuring the compression
when i say the motor turns over that means the piston is moving up and down
when i say the starter spins that mean the starter spins but no motion in the engine
does it make a noise when it grabs

·
8,529 Posts
Sounds like the one-way might be slipping. Take the two bolts out of the cam cover and see if the engine is actually turning over.

If it is turning over the entire time and compression is coming and going you have a valve sticking. If its not turning over the entire time the One-Way is bad or possible timing chain problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts