Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the deal, I got a 1989 warrior and now I cant engage the clutch. I tightened the play in the lever and its tight, theres good pressure on it too. I even opened up the case and took a look at the clutch, everything looks good. Any tips would be great.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Definately get a Clymer, the best $30 i spent hands down. While your in there taking apart your clutch i would swap out the stock springs for some stiffer ones ($13 from alba) so you dont have to worry about your clutch slipping and get all the power to the ground.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You wrote that you cant engauge the clutch, Meaning it will not pull the rear wheels. My 94 Warrior came like this when I bought it 6 moths ago. Who ever put mine back together placed lower the clutch arm in the wrong position. You must have a little free play in the cable for it to work properly. The pull or tension is what disengauges the clutch. You might try disconnecting the lower arm from the cable and repositioning it, rotating it clock wise a tooth or two, so that the cable has more free play. Other than that the clutch could be shot. :scared: I'm sure there are other seniaros but these are the two I faced...

Michael

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i took the clutch apart, lubed up the discs and put er back together, and now she engages again. Now if only the carb kit I ordered 4 months ago would come in I would be a happy man. %$^% you KIMPEX!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wow! My deal is usually only 4-days out on special orders. Where did you get your carb kit from?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
first i ordered it from a yamaha dealer, it was back ordered for a bit then it still never came in, I kept calling, they kept saying, it'll be in tommorow. After about a month i ordered it from the place that i started working for. That order got lost along with a whole crap load of helmets, now its reordered so I guess we'll see eh?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts