Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I'm new to this site and also new to quads. I recently got my first quad a week ago 04 raptor 660, anyways I smoked the clutch the second day. I got the parts now and I got the case off and I'm down to my clutch.. MY Question is, is the center shaft that goes through the pressure plate supposed to just wiggle and flop around? Mine does and I've done alot of research the past week on changing the clutch and I haven't seen where anyone mentions it and it looks like in the videos I watched it seemed solid on theirs, idk I'm letting the clutches soak and its been on my mind that maybe its broke and my clutch isn't the problem? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
8,530 Posts
It should look like this

The splined stub shaft should not be loose in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Diggerz, thanks for the reply. Yours is slightly different than mine, it looks like ur center shaft and bearing are pressed into the clutch cover and mine slides in from the back, but I have a new problem. I went for it and installed the new clutch and put the case back together, fluids in, ect.. So i went to pull the quad out for a test ride and realize it wont shift. I ride it around the yard and it wont shift from 1st gear. The clutch seems to grab great but now i have this new issue. I've seen where others have had the same problem seen too many different answers. I never removed the clutch basket so i don't see how anything got out of time. I did drag the quad forward with the clutch cover off to move it to a dry spot, could this have done something. Idk I've stared at it forever and I'm lost. Plz help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts