Blue Traxx Forum banner

Choke Lever

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  protraxrptr17 
#1 ·
Hello everyone this is my first post on this website, just wondering if anyone has take the choke lever and moved elsewhere on the bike. The reason for this was I am trying to eliminate the as much as possible off the handlebars. Any help or suggestions would help and thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Why don't you just more the entire switch system down to the frame...

#8 ·
That's a pretty cool idea. I'd be interested in seeing how it comes out.
:)

#9 ·
I found somebody parting out a Cannondale and got the start button. They use a pretty cool waterproof start button. I took the sleeve off the choke cable and cut the cable off about 1 inch above the elbow that screws into the carb. I then crimped a large eyed electrical terminal to the end of the cable for a handle. I filled the elbow with dielectric grease to keep water out. The choke won't stay out but I can be sure that it isn't stuck. You have to hold it out with your hand until the engine warms up. This setup probably isn't good if you ride in lots of mud and water but I only ride mine at the track so it works great for me. No more sticking choke and no more handlebar switch in the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.