Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the choke cable from the stock carbs?? I have removed the bolt, but I could not figure out how to remove the cable afterwards.

Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
the cable has a small piston on it, and with luck, will slide right out. IF it doesnt, theres your performance problem right there. One of the chokes is partially ON. You may lose the cable, but pull that sucker out. some penetrating oil may help. clean everything up before reassembly...i used a piece of dowel and some emery cloth to clean the choke bore...and used marine approved lubricant and no problems since then. plus 'broomstick' the cable. pull it loose from the control, tape it to a broomstick, and lube the blazes out of it.! the broomstick lets the lube run down inside the housing.
Yamaha recommends that you buy the cable off a 2003 or newer as they put a seal in the cable to prevent water entry... but its just one more thing that should be checked out on an annual basis anyway. Ive fixed mine several times and the kids quads too...they work fine... :tup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts