Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, howdy from south Louisiana.

I just picked up a 2004 4wd Wolverine 350 that has a knockoff Chinese carburetor on it.
The carb leaks, will not tune, and the choke cuts o-rings.
I can't find new Mikuni carbs under $450. I'm trying to find a clean serviceable used mikuni tha I can rebuild. Ebay hasn't been successful.
Any ideas? I really like this 4wheeler and would like to get it running good.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, at least it was only 28 bucks. Still runs bad and leaks like the previous carburetor. I thought about building a carb using OEM internals in the China casting. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for a used Mikuni or I may retrofit a Honda CV carburetor from another project if it'll fit the intake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to admit. I bought the Niche carburetor with some reservation, but I'm going to give credit where credit is due. The carburetor is a mechanical venturi like my old 3wheelers but came with a throttle cable and an adapter to fit the air box.
After I installed it and checked for fuel leaks, I cranked it up and, other than being set too rich at first which was easily adjusted, I've had no problems and it's been working great for the last 5 days and 2 1/2 tanks of gas. My trails are 7 miles one way and it's held up great.
So far, so good.
I still would've preferred OEM but my budget is just a little too tight right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts