Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not the best at changing brake pads. I was wondering if after I put the new pads on if I should be able to turn the axle by hand cause I can't. It's really tight. Am I doing something wrong. Thanks.
Jimmy

·
Registered
463 Posts
If its in neutral you should be able to turn it easy. Otherwise you got bad axle bearings or something wrong with your tranny. When I split my cases to replace the rod I found that the bearings on the reverse counter gear had walked out and were causing the washers to dig into the cases. This clogged my oil pump and ruined my engine. If you're seeing a bunch of aluminum shavings when you do an oil change it might mean trouble.

I have since found this is a common problem and tack welded the bearings in place before rebuilding it.

Hopefully you just have tight brakes or axle bearings though.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, no......i'm saying that it only gets tight when i tighten the brake caliper back on. When i loosen it the axle will spin.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
did you pump the brake lever a few times after you put it back on to make sure it had pressure, before you tried to turn the axle?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did you check to see if the calipper piston moves smoothely when you had your pads out ? That could be your problem because if its not operating smooth it will get stuck out keeping your brakes locked up .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts