Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was tightening my chain last night, and it was getting really close to being fully tightened. I tightened down the sprocket side and then the brake side. When tightening down the brake side I twisted just a little too hard on the last turn and broke off the top of the bolt. (sucks!) I tightened down the lock nut, so do you think that everything will be OK to ride until I get a new chain and bolt? Also, does anyone know what size that bolt is? I would like to maybe get one from the auto store or something as opposed to waiting for the Yamaha shop to get one. One other question, how am I going to get that bolt loose? I will have to get it out to replace it. Being that tight, do you think an easy out will do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you just broke the head off of the bolt you will be fine until you want to adjust it. But since you are going to replace it, I would just order one from yamaha or www.bikebandit.com. Get the right bolt you dont want to mess up the threads. As long as you have that lock nut tight you will not do any damage.

·
Registered
513 Posts
i think it will be ok
when you get a new bolt just ask for a 8mm bolt with 1.25mm thread pitch
and take out the other bolt and measure how long it is and get one the same length :tup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am also looking into buying a new set of chain and cogs. Any ideas? I know everyone seems to like sidewinder, but on ebay there are some colored chains that ARE O-ring chains, and I was wandering how they are. It is really hard to pass them up for about $67. What do you guys think? Anyone bought these yet? Also, I am running the stock cogs, is there a better setup to go with? Thanks again for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts