Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey what’s up everyone. Some dude on a Facebook forum offered to trade a Duncan racing fat boy 4 slip on for a good shape stock muffler because of the noise laws where he lives Duncan is a loud pipe! Anyways I make the trade then few months later decided I needed to repack the muffler which was really loud and since it was off decided to remove the whole crappy looking exhaust and brighten it up with some VHT primer and paint. Went with it because wanted to have something shiny that would hold against the heat well after removing the muffler and looking into getting a Duncan racing quiet tip for it I realized the loser I traded drilled 4 bad holes to put a tip on and yup they all snapped off. After getting those out filling the holes with some aluminum welds grinder them down blended the aluminum and painted it up baking it twice at 250 for half hour cool for half then 500” for half then cook. I attached the pics of what it looked like done. My phone won’t let me put pics so I’ll do it from my comp in a few. Here are the images, I think the end cap turned out good! I repacked it last night and will ad a pic later of how it looks installed. The packing that was in it was wet still from who knows when but it was shipped for days and off his quad and it was 1/3 burned away! Sorry but it wont show the pics.

·
8,524 Posts
I used eastwoods header paint on my LRD took a couple coats and heat cycles then looked good

1 - 2 of 2 Posts