Blue Traxx Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
once again i think you are wasting time and money trying to hack multi generations together. in order to make this thing run you need a flywheel, stator, rectifier, cdi and harness from the same generation of electronics. if the plugs dont match you do not have to correct stuff. theoretically if the stator, pickups, flywheel and cdi were from same vintage you could make a harness you would need to study both generations wiring diagram and make the splices. that seems like a lot of work when you can get every ting you need to do it correctly and dependably for around a 100 buck used off of ebay or find a donor bike. your description at the end of your post sounds correct to me but i did not spend the time to trace all of the wires myself
I have the correct flywheel,stator,cdi and rectifier all from same year bro all I need is a harness. also the plugs on the cdi and stator are correct what I meant is the the three white wires plug into the harness and comes out of the harness on a different plug with six wires and that plugs into the rectifier. So I guess I will be waiting until I get a wire harness. Thanks for helping man I do appreciate all the help and suggestions.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
it wont work the flywheel and triggers will not communicate with that cdi. you would need to put the triggers and flywheel from that generation on the bike to make it work

·
Registered
1 Posts
it wont work the flywheel and triggers will not communicate with that cdi. you would need to put the triggers and flywheel from that generation on the bike to make it work
So 95 warrior motor on a 98 chassis. Should I convert everything to a 95 or 98 what's easier? Thanks

21 - 25 of 25 Posts