Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having issues with my carb. About a year and a half ago, I couldn't get it to idle with the choke off woo I took it to a guy and for $100 he cleaned it up and adjusted it. Ran great. So before I put it away for the summer, I ran the gas out of it. I went to start it again to get ready for the fall and same problem. Best I could figure, it was the battery this time. So I drained the gas again. I finally got around to putting a new battery in this weekend, started it up and it wouldn't stay running unless I was spraying carb cleaner in the intake. I pulled the carb, cleaned the crap out of it, installed it and got it to run a low idle with the choke on. So I then decided to run it around the block a few times to try to clear up more clogs (I neglected to mention that along with the new battery I also drained the old gas and put in about a gallon of new with half a bottle of sea foam). It runs at a much higher rpm now but won't stay idle with the choke off. I think it still may be my pilot jet. I soaked it in cleaner for a half hour, tried shoving a wire down it to clear it up, tried blowing through it. . . .no difference. Any other ideas? I really don't want to take it somewhere to get cleaned if I do t have to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.