Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think of the carbon fiber yoshimura exhausts? I found a system on ebay, it's not the expensive version, but still carbon. I was wondering if how the power gains were, I'm looking for a pipe that helps low end also cuz i do a lot of trail riding and like the low end grunt. I f anybody knows of a better system for the money I'd appreciate it. I'll pry get the carb and i have a K&N filter with outerwear. thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the Yosh Pro Ti system (Titanium head pipe) with the Carbon fiber can.
I ordered the Titanium can with the system, but got the carbon fiber by mistake. I kept it andd I like it.

I think the only difference is the weight. Carbon is a bit lighter. I do not know of any other differences or problems with either.

Hope this helps.

Mango

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I noticed the gains with my yosh more on the top end than the low end. But all around the bike just responds better with the pipe than without. I think you will be happy with the pipe.

In comparison to other pipes, it is the best you can buy that is DB restrictable, but for max gains you should look at a CT or Sparks...

Just FYI. :tup:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
the yoshis and GYTRs are made by Muzzy, and they say: be temperature conscious around carbon fiber...its brittle when hot or very cold. the metal pipes have exactly the same specs and you wont have to keep an eye on yer pipe. We try to talk ppl into the metal pipes so there are no problems down the road....buy what ya like, its your bucks
:tup:

·
Registered
686 Posts
I was told one time by a dealer that any engine over 400cc per hole (cyl) will get a carbon muffler to hot .. for this reason they tried to steer people away from carbon pipes on the RC-51, with 500cc per hole they got VERY hot and could delaminate... if this is true or not, i dont know .. they didn't mind the carbon fiber pipes on 1000cc 4 bangers, but were very weary of them on the RC-51s ... This dealer has a very good reputation too.

I'm personally gonna do a aluminum version of the yosh pipe, very easy to repair if needed, and the least expensive .. second choice would be the Ti pipe, i'm sure you'll find many people that have had both good and bad luck with the carbon pipe though.. i would personally get on the phone and get the Ti one back

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yosh Pipe

I have the Titanium Pro Yosh Pipe with the Carbon Fiber Can. I don't know what type of metal the actual can is made of, but the Carbon Fiber part of the can is just a sheet of carbon fiber (sleeve) that is wrapped around the can and attaches to the can with screws and rivets.

I would think the only purpose of the Carbon Fiber wrapped around the can is just for looks. Eye Candy.

If something did go wrong with the carbon fiber, you could take it off as a last option and it just wouldn't look as good.

Yosh Carbon Fiber Instructions: Carbon fiber is very susceptible to vibration damage. Keep all clamps,bolts, and fasterners tight. Carbon Fiber will be damaged without the protection of proper packing.

I've never heard of any problems with the Carbon Fiber, but for the money the pipes cost, I would just send it back to Yoshimura to have it fixed.

Yoshimura has alot of R&D on their pipes, they make pipes for street bikes, dirt bikes, and atvs. If they don't have problems with the pipes on the large cc street bikes, I don't think you would have a problem unless maybe you crash hard and then you would probably have more serious things to worry about.

It just depends on what your wanting to achieve with the pipe and if you want the Carbon Fiber look. For the type of riding I do, I would run the Yosh or one of the Sparks pipe.

·
Registered
622 Posts
r

i would not go with the carbon i have heard of the material burnung up if u dont repack often enough i have the stainless yoshi has been a good trouble free system for 2 years also there is no diff in the titanium performace just 4 lbs lighter :tup:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sparks gives you good low end, but it is loud!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts