Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how do you check the float heights on stock banshee carbs? is it just like checking the ones on the blaster since there pretty much teh same carb? I think my level might be off because when its just warming up it poors gas out. Also what jets do you think i should be running for Ohio (altitute i think around 1500) stock carbs mild porting .020 over fmf fatties with powercore2's shortened some kinda aftermarket reeds and spacer and boost bottle and k&n with proflow. it has 220's for the main ( pretty sure thats stock) but what i dont get is how it had them and it ran like a mother trucker. all of a sudden when it got cold out i ran it it wasnt running 2bad but it jetting was off you could tell and it dies out and one plug was rich (right i think) and the other was a little lean (left) so i dunno whats up help me out if ya can thanks

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
sry man i can understand that
to measure floats u take a ruler and from where the gasket goes to the tops of the black float in a relaxed postion same as blaster

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Thats how you do it.
But you are way way low for jetting.
BTW, wheres bloomingdale OH? Sounds close, anywhere near Toledo?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
It was running like a mother trucker with 220s because you are lean as hell which means ALOT of power ... but in a bad way

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it wasnt lean one bit i checked the plugs and it was the perfect tan color :roll: that confused the hell outta me what should the height be? does anyone know? or is the same as a blaster and if its off how do you adjust them?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all and warrior- man im about 3- 3 1/2 hours from toledo im right on the ohio river near WestVirginia and Penn. About 45 minutes West of Pittsburgh PA

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you have porting, pipes, filter, and different reeds, running 220's trust us you are WAY too lean. Go with 320's and see where your at from there.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i trust you guys lol but believe me it wasnt running lean at all i dunno how the hell it was doing that with those jets in there but the plugs were the perfect tan color and believe me im not new 2 the 2 stroke jetting game lol the thing is just a pain 2 start thats my problem right now

·
Registered
134 Posts
220 mains are way too lean you are gonna smoke your pistons

·
Registered
132 Posts
LOL

when you buy fatties they give you 280 mains. assuming you have stock carbs and half your air intake isnt blocked off i would put in at least 280's regardless of what the plugs look like. i just got a 2-1 manifold but i had .02 over after marker foam filter fattys/power core 2's.

you may have an air leak on one side have you tried spraying starter fluid around the carbs and intake? thats what i would do. do a leak down test if you get the chance, that will tell you.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the jets are fine jetting is fine no airleaks i found out the problem thanks for the help

·
Registered
273 Posts
FBRacing80 said:
i trust you guys lol but believe me it wasnt running lean at all i dunno how the hell it was doing that with those jets in there but the plugs were the perfect tan color and believe me im not new 2 the 2 stroke jetting game lol the thing is just a pain 2 start thats my problem right now
Hey Man i had the same problem!! My Banshee plugs looked great for a couple week with 260's then i Took it down south and it started to miss so I brought it back home to Ohio!! And rode it around then took the plugs out and they looked great then i rode a lil more and it started to miss again!! So i checked the plugs when i got home and they were lean!! What was ur conclusion to hte problem!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well about the jetting i dunno but my bike needs reringed and its gettin blow by so it started 2 run lean but thats why mines so hard 2 start cause it needs re ringed dont trust anyone when you buy something :s96:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts