Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help. I recently purchased a 2004 Wolverine 350 4x4. It was running fine when I started noticing gas leaking from the carb. I pulled it out to clean it and it was BAD. The jets were corroded, diaphragm was torn, etc. Long story short, I bought a Chinese replacement carb because I couldn't find one anywhere in the US. Now I can't get it to run. I've tried to adjust it multiple times. Seems like I can get it to idle but the second I give it throttle it dies. I've even taken the parts out of the Chinese carb and put it on the original one, with no luck.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
it is hard to tell with the china carbs and parts. i would look for a vacuum leak and check the float height. make sure the petcock is working correctly needle is the middle and 2.5 turns out on the air mix. if that doesn't work and you are sure its the carb and not the stator or one of the pickup coils i would clean the original carb and put a good rebuild kit in it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I've sprayed some WD-40 around the boot to check for a vacuum leak and didn't seem to notice anything. I'll double check the carb settings. Is there a way to check the stator or pick up coils?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yes but I don't have the specs. You might be able to Google for them or you will need a manual. Sometimes a little grease on the lip of that diaphragm helps to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts