Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has semi-automatic clutch so I know you are supposed to get it in higher rpms before shifting, but if does not seem to want to down shift, I have to press harder. I also have trouble getting it into 1st and nuetral while it is running, but as soon as I turn the key off, it downshift easily. Don't know if I am doing something wrong as I am used to my Warrior. Also when I start it and put it in first, I don't have a clutch handle so it jumps. It does not go until I let go of break, but if that how you are really supposed to take off, just hold break and put it in gear? thanks. It seems like a dumb question, but image not knowing if you are even driving it right

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Main this with a Moto 4 is the U-joint and the gearhouseing on the rear axle, your clutch may be going bad, Brakes are used when pulling out.......
you are leting off the throttle when shifting right..... 8-P

·
Registered
14 Posts
im not familiar with that model, but on most auto clutch bikes, there is a nut and screw on the clutch cover, you loosen the nut, turn the screw in til it stops, and then back it off a quarter turn or so, then tighten the nut, that will adjust the clutch

·
Registered
315 Posts
Maybe the idle is too high.IDK. I've worked on alot of auto clutches. Usually only grab like that when the idle is to high, kinda like a car with auto trans.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so your saying that left handlebar lever is supposed to engage clutch and take it out of gear? I thought something must have been adjusted wrong. Any reason you can think of why it does not like to go below 2nd gear while riding? Actually it does not downshift any gears easily, you have to press pretty hard. I have changed oil and everything so....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Your hand lever's are your brake's.
Your ajuster screw for your clutch is on the R-side(sitting on it) of your case.
It needs to be ajusted.......if this doesn't work it is done and you need a new one, your gears should shift when the throttle is releassed after reaching high RPM's.
Your brake is only to hold you in place while putting it in gear and to stop.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems to shift a little better after riding it and clutch adjustment helped a little. One more question, the right way to shift in reverse is to put it in first gear, hold left lever, and then put it in reverse? What is the proper way to take it out of reverse.?

·
Registered
1 Posts
to get into reverse easiest way is to shift to neutral, pull up on the shift lever and apply a small amount of pressure backwards, at the same time shift into first gear, it should slip right back into reverse no issues at all

to go back the other way, pull up on the shift lever and push towards the low position and depress the shifter itself as to go into neutral, should slide right into neutral and low.

y

1 - 9 of 9 Posts