Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound kind of stupid, but can you install bead lock rings with OEM rims? I mean I understand the whole concept behind using a bead locker rim and how the ring screws into the rim through the tire. But if I was able to tack weld these rings I bought in like 8 spots going around the rim wouldn't it then work similar but obviously not as good. I was just wondering. I'll probably just wait until a cheap used pair of bead lock rear rims comes around. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this. I could of swore I read somewhere that someone put them on their quad without welding them just to help with when bumping into stuff but I could be wrong.

Thanks for any input!!

·
8,529 Posts
You will have to cut the factory bead out of the old wheel and weld on the flat/threaded side. Doable yes, if you can find the parts and have access to aluminum welding equipment.

Check Amazon, I picked up a set of all aluminum beadlocks and tires pretty reasonable on there last year..

·
Registered
70 Posts
This might sound kind of stupid, but can you install bead lock rings with OEM rims? I mean I understand the whole concept behind using a bead locker rim and how the ring screws into the rim through the tire. But if I was able to tack weld these rings I bought in like 8 spots going around the rim wouldn't it then work similar but obviously not as good. I was just wondering. I'll probably just wait until a cheap used pair of bead lock rear rims comes around. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this. I could of swore I read somewhere that someone put them on their quad without welding them just to help with when bumping into stuff but I could be wrong.

Thanks for any input!!
100% impossible to install a beadlock onto a rim without welding.
100% impossible to install a beadlock correctly onto a rim with only spot welding.

The ring that is welded to the rim must be fully welded and air tight.

Also, a beadlock does not work by screwing through the tire. Two rings pinch the bead to hold in place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts