Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what this is circled in the picture and what it does? It's a '98 warrior 350 stock Mikuni carb and wasn't sure if my jet cleaning tool should come out the pointy end when inserted below where the black arrow is or if it's some sort of check valve?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow, 25 views and nobody knows? I must not be the only one that doesn't know lol. I answered part of my question when I was blowing it out with compressed air. the hole isn't at the end of the point but rather midway. Still not sure what it does

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
a. never stick anything but air and carb cleaner in a jet. even jet brushes can damage a jet.
b. i am pretty sure that is the nozzel for the accelerator pump. there may be a turn in the path so i am not sure if your brush should stick out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that’s the nozzle for the accelerator pump
Thank you!! Good thing I did the spring upgrade and the valve cap mod but I’m not loving the cap. I’m going to see if I can fabricate something better and also taller. It’s pushing the accel pump down way more than before but still needs a little bit more to fully seat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts