Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone here could help me out on identifying the year of the Banshee. On the engine there are the numbers 3GG177601 and on the frame its JY43GG034YA001202. I could not write them down and trying to read them off from a pic that I took on my cell.

The motor is supposely bad, I believe either piston broke or rings per the owners - friends- neighbor. I saw it in person white/red with no front wheels. They were taking off and put on another a.t.v. that was stolen a week later so no wheels. The frame has some paint on it chipped and in some areas the from has decent amount of rust. No performance parts, all stock except from DG front bumper and nerf bars.

Im thinking about $500 assuming the motor is shot that was I can part it out and maybe recover some of the money spent, but this is my first dealings with a Banshee and I have NO CLUE of what there worth. I have my Raptor and always wanted to play around with a Banshee but did not want to have a lot of money into it. I figure another $500 or parts and since I have my own Powdercoating business I could have it looking nice enough to be able to break even if I sell it.

SO guys, what do you think? Can you tell what year it is?? Or any info on it?? What do you think its worth???

Thanks in advance!!!
Robby

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I remembered that it had chrome tips on the exhaust and black mufflers next to the engine, I dont know if thats aftermarket or not but the doberman in his pen kept me from spending more time to look.

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
My Clymer only goes to 1999, but based on color I'd put a 95% sure bet on it being a 2000.

·
Registered
51 Posts
its a 2000

Doesnt sound like a bad deal, depending on how bad the engine went it could be an easy fix, but that all depends if the bottom end is shot or not. Even if thats the case for $600+ you can normally score a running shee motor on ebay plus another $100-200 for wheels and you got a fairly new and good running shee.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone here could help me out on identifying the year of the Banshee. On the engine there are the numbers 3GG177601 and on the frame its JY43GG034YA001202. I could not write them down and trying to read them off from a pic that I took on my cell.

The motor is supposely bad, I believe either piston broke or rings per the owners - friends- neighbor. I saw it in person white/red with no front wheels. They were taking off and put on another a.t.v. that was stolen a week later so no wheels. The frame has some paint on it chipped and in some areas the from has decent amount of rust. No performance parts, all stock except from DG front bumper and nerf bars.

Im thinking about $500 assuming the motor is shot that was I can part it out and maybe recover some of the money spent, but this is my first dealings with a Banshee and I have NO CLUE of what there worth. I have my Raptor and always wanted to play around with a Banshee but did not want to have a lot of money into it. I figure another $500 or parts and since I have my own Powdercoating business I could have it looking nice enough to be able to break even if I sell it.

SO guys, what do you think? Can you tell what year it is?? Or any info on it?? What do you think its worth???

Thanks in advance!!!
Robby

Thanks in advance!!!
Robby

1 - 8 of 8 Posts