Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all now that it is winter here in MN and the Yfz is in the shed, I have thought about doing the cam mod. Here is what i'm worried about i'm not so sure I have the skills to do it :scared: I can change oil, put in kill switches and change axles, jetting ETC. so I would like to think that I have some basic skills. If I follow the 12 videos on DADOG's page will I be OK. (does any one know what size the bolts are on the cam cover?)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yes you will be able to do it, if you watch the movies you cant mess it up. I believe the bolts are allen bolts that hold the cover on. But yes it is very simple if you pay attention to what you are doing. Just follow his instructions and you will be set. And make sure you prop your chain up like he did it would be a bitc* to drop. Follow his instructions and you will be all set

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
It's really very easy, even for beginers. Just use all the PROPER tools, take your time, and keep everything clean.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where can I buy one of those Valve spacer tools? Is that what it is called? it allmost looks like a spark plug gap tool? Do they have that gapper tool at sears? or do I have to order it from Yamaha and wait for a week?

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Feeler gauges...yes, you should be able to get it at Sears, or any auto parts store. :tup:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think you should be able to do it. It is only 2 allen bolts holding the cover on the engine. It kinda surprised me that it was only 2 bolts the first time i looked into my engine :lol:
well good luck on the mod.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Make sure you listin to the videos and cover the timing chain hole so the moon ring dont fall in :tup: .. About happend here and I about cryed.. lol :eat: lucklly tho we got it.. but yea if you use propper tools follow the videos you should be good! :tup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts