Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I recently got finished working on my 2001 raptor 660. I was curious if anyone could give me a weight and hp estimate on the bike and if anyone knows how much hp gains monster duals give that would be great! So here's the story. A few months ago I purchased a 660 from a buddy. He had some work done to it but nothing crazy. I took it in and decided to build one bad ass machine. The reason for me building it was so best my buddy's 2014 raptor 700r se in a race. Here's the specs.
PERFORMANCE: Stage 1 cam, 11:1 High compression Wiesco piston, wiesco timing chain, GYTR HD clutch kit, new water pump, oil pump, shift forks, EXTREME 80 one way clutch, Yukon Gears, carb jetted to work with all mods, Monster dual exhaust, over sized oil tank, aluminium high flow airbox, Aftermarket cdi, analog inline coolant temp gauge, blue coolant hoses, engine ice coolant, only synthetic oil used, oversized radiator, Trail tech vapor computer does Speed,RPM,coolant temp,shift lights and a trip meter.
CHASSIS: +3 Houser control arms, +3 alba axle, Carbon fiber bead lock rims front and back, sprockets and chain in good shape, 04 raptor rear shock, YFZ 450 Front dual piston brake calipers, YFZ 450 shocks, Steel braided brake lines, steel braided throttle, power madd handguards, full under skid including swing arm, Houser +1 steering stem, CR high pro taper bars, Aftermarket taillight, Trail tech headlights and im sure there are a few things a missed. Like I said someone give me a weight and hp estimate as well as the hp gains on with the duals. And who do you think would win in a straight line and on the track. Me or the 700 ? The 700 only has an airbox with no lid. Thanks everyone !

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,537 Posts
It looks like he did it right and spens some money on suspension too. Unfortunately that isn't going to make it a faster straight line machine on smooth terrain.

Stock Raptor is doing good to produce 35HP, you are probably in the mid to upper 40's depending on how the head was ported.

Adding dual pipes to a stock raptor is worth a few HP, its hard to say when you are adding them to a modified one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts