Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv got a ta pipe and just did the cam mod i has a yz needle but want to know what the pilot should be

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Atleast a 45, maybe 48.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I have the TA pipe w the cam mod and woods intake, its a 48 pilot

·
Registered
175 Posts
OCR said:
I have the TA pipe w the cam mod and woods intake, its a 48 pilot
Out of curiousity what main are you running. I have a TA pipe, cam mod and ESR intake and am running a 48 pilot, 178 main, NCVQ #4 with 1.75 turns out. I run @ >500 ft. I have been playing with my jetting the last couple trips out and it seems to be running pretty nice. I do feel however it isnt pulling as hard on the top end. I am just not sure if my mind is just playing tricks on me as I seem to have become over concerned about the perfect jetting set up. I get a reality check whenever I jump on some other inferior quad and then relize how fast this one is. :scared: I guess you can never go fast enough. Just want this thing to haul A$$. :evil:

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I have a 180 main ,it runs perfect with it, same elevation too. Plenty of top end. Pulls like an animal through the powerband and no hard HIT, just power everywhere

·
Registered
175 Posts
OCR said:
I have a 180 main ,it runs perfect with it, same elevation too. Plenty of top end. Pulls like an animal through the powerband and no hard HIT, just power everywhere
Same neddle setting? Are you running pump gas?

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
yup everything is the same other than the main. Still running pump gas

·
Registered
175 Posts
Cool. I think I will try the 180 and see what happens.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Remember that by changing one thing, that it will affect all the others.

·
Registered
175 Posts
yeah but lets just hope its all for the better. At least I know my current set up is real close. I just cant help but fiddle with it further in hopes of improving performance. :hey:

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a pro flo k&N, cam mod, full HMF system.

I run the 170 main, NCVQ needle-third clip, and a 48 pilot.

I have also run the above combo with a 45 pilot. The 45 pilot gave some scary-fast-head-jerking throttle response on the bottom end. The 48 pilot softened that out completely. With the 45 pilot, I needed to go richer on the needle by one setting to reduce popping.

They both work, just pick one.

I'm at sea level here in Florida

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah...I know all about "fiddling around" for the perfect settings. It seems like once you get it just right...the temp. or something else changes.

It's all part of the "FUN". :hey: :hey: :hey:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Got to do something when your kicking back with beer after a long ride :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts