Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I keep having to put oil in my quad. There is no leak that I can see so I think somehow it is getting burnt up. Is this pssible/normal?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Is your quad burning oil? From what I've seen and heard, these engines like to burn oil, especially at startup. Maybe you should try parking your quad on a clean piece of cardboard overnight and see if there's any oil marks the next morning.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its probably 2 and a half weeks between now and the last time I put oil in it, and I put like a quarter of a quart in today.

I park it on a paved surface every night and there is no oil leaking out onto the floor.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
When you out riding next time if you're by yourself, take a look behind you while accelerating to see if there's any faint puffs of blue smoke coming out the exhaust. If you can, have a friend ride behind you and keep an eye on the exhaust.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Check the sparkplug. If it is burning oil there will be a little bit of oil in it. If you are burning oil, count on new rings :tup:

My friend fried the rings in his dirtbike, and there was oil on the plug with a faint bluish smoke at startup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts