Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight, after changing the ripped Ebay Manifold boot that some turd put on it. I began my brake job. Went super smooth. Then!!, I could not get the caliper with new pads back on the rotor. It was the front btw. On the bottom there is this slight nipple that stops you from sliding the caliper into position. I finally gave up. I have a clymer service manual. It says it should slide right in. Well it won't. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need to sand the ridge down on the puck so it will go back in. they get a rust build up
It isn't rust. There is an actual nipple I would describe it as. That is part of the caliper. I considered grinding it off. It it seemed like alot of trouble. So I purchased some rebuilt OEM calipers from eBay. I suspect as with the carburetor and the manifold boot,the calipers are aftermarket cheap Chinese shit. This hopefully will solve my issue.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
i am not sure of the technical name but i was referring to the cylinder that the fluid presses out and moves the pad. not sure what you have but generally when you replace the pads that cylinder has been exposed for a while and they build up rust ring. that rust need to be removed in order for the cylinder to go back in and move freely

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes, with replacement brake pads, pucks, whatever the vehicle maker called them, the piston in the caliper must be pushed back in. If there is a rust ring I would suggest new calipers as it will just rust again. If it is just dirt clean it off so it can be pushed back allowing the pads to fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts