Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your best bow shot, it can be target or animal, anything!

Here is my friends arrow I nocked at 20 yards.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh, I almost forgot the ever-famous oppossum shot from off of my roof with a light :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Its hard to tell, but did you shoot that opossum in the ass? Seems to be your target of choice.

How was deer hunting this year?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, nah I shot him through the throat, you can see the black carbon arrow shaft above, and below his neck. Deer season went great with rifle, but I havn't had the best luck with bow :lol: :( :tdown:

·
Registered
91 Posts
factory effex said:
Lol, nah I shot him through the throat, you can see the black carbon arrow shaft above, and below his neck. Deer season went great with rifle, but I havn't had the best luck with bow :lol: :( :tdown:
Thats because when you bow hunt, you have to have skill. The more full metal jackets that you spray out of the SKS, the better chance you have of baggin' some deer ass.
Anyway, good thing you took up bowhunting............for the deer's sake.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No pictures but I hammered a woodchuck a couple weeks ago. I had been in my treestand about twenty minutes when I hear something behind me. I look and there he is 15 yards away on a log. Still lots of time before dark so I change arrows to a junker I always keep in my quiver. Stand up turn and shoot him. It was the coolest thing. I rolled him off the log on to the ground, and did'nt even stick my arrow in the log! I don't know who on here shoots chucks but they aint easy. I've had them spot me 200 yards away pulling up on them with my 220 swift. And they vanish fast. I was up on my treestand all pumped like I just shot a Pope & Young buck.

·
Premium Member
5,136 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,136 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,136 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Wish I could find the pictuires but I cant.

Four of five years ago I shot a fox right between the eyes. I have about ten robinhoods to. And placed third in a 3D competition out of 127 shooters.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
02RaptorLE said:
Wish I could find the pictuires but I cant.

Four of five years ago I shot a fox right between the eyes. I have about ten robinhoods to. And placed third in a 3D competition out of 127 shooters.
sweet, I'm looking into entering a few 3-D contests this winter at this bow shop here. I can get a 2 inch grouping at 40 yards, would that be good enough or would I need some more practice?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
The biggest thing you will have to practice on is judging distance. In tournaments range finders cannot be used. That is probably the hardest part of shooting 3D.

I dont know what class you would be in up there but down here you would probably be in Mens bowhunter class. They dont shoot past 35 yards.

I would say that 2 inch groups at 40 yards would be good enuogh. But the twelve rings on the targets are not much bigger than and inch in circumfrence and you only get one shot.

Hope that helps a little bit.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Ok I found the picture of the fox I shot...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts