Discussion Starter #1
2005 white/ red YFZ
This thing is nuts! :scared:
Any break in tips?

Also can someone change my name to John05YFZ, Thanks

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hey, congrats on the new 450! :tup: Where are you from in Iowa? Who did you buy your 450 from and how much did you pay OTD? O and about your screename i dont think its possible to switch them, so your just better off re registering :tup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I from western, IA by Carroll. I picked up the z from Procycle in Columbia, Mo for 6475 out the door, not too bad. Thought I could get it for 6200 oh well maybe next time. Took it out on the highway up to fifth and I can't believe how hard this thing pulls!!IM glad I went with the YFZ over the Raptor, the rappy sat a little bit higher than I liked, the yfz handles great, love it love it love it! :nod:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yeah, Im from Vinton, about half an hour from Cedar Rapids and Waterloo, Im pretty sure im getting a yfz in january, they are super nice, im glad to see you like yours alot, they are great machines, have fun with it :tup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
John05raptor said:
Hey, I from western, IA by Carroll. I picked up the z from Procycle in Columbia, Mo for 6475 out the door, not too bad. Thought I could get it for 6200 oh well maybe next time. Took it out on the highway up to fifth and I can't believe how hard this thing pulls!!IM glad I went with the YFZ over the Raptor, the rappy sat a little bit higher than I liked, the yfz handles great, love it love it love it! :nod:

Wait until you uncork that exhaust and let it breathe.Prepare to change your shorts afterwards. :scared:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the looks of that alba Kory ellis exhaust, any opinions on this exhaust?

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Awesome, congrats, you'll love it. :tup:
Welcome to BT.

·
Registered
206 Posts
the kroy ellis pipe is pretty good, im shure there are a few better ones outt here but it is a good pipe, better than the gyt-r in my opinion!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice choice, sure you'll love "The Beast".

Exhausts are all fairly similar, except some have a different range of power...bottom/mid, mid/top end...etc.

Most are made well, some are not. Read, read, read. Then make an "educated" guess. :hey:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. It goes well with all the GM muscle in the garage.

<-----Owns a "02 Camaro SS and a "05 YFZ450

·
Registered
947 Posts
SWEET! For break-in, you can either follow the manual, or use Moto Man's method. I've heard very good things about Moto Man's method. Up to you though :tup: .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys,

Bought the kory ellis pipe kit with K&N and jets

One question, I'm fairly mechanical, how hard is switching out the pipe and jets, should I let a pro switch the jets? Sucker only has 30 seconds of riding time and I'm already modding the dayum thing :lol: I plan to keep this YFZ in mint condition, no rain, no snow, no mud, prolly just sand from little sahara. :cool:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dude, your garage looks just like mine. A red 96 firebird and a white YFZ450. My YFZ pulls my bird for the first few feet then that V8 pushrod overcomes and starts pulling away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats on the bike. I bought my 05 yfz in october, I LOVE IT, i wouldnt trade it for the world.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
350_Warrior_PoWeR said:
How far are you from Dubuque?
Im about 3.5 hours west of Dubuque, are there any races around Iowa next summer?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts