Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a Raptor 80 for my 7 year old. She is starting to learn it and use the gears. We took out the air restrictor plate and screwed out the throttle. It will be good for years. The 50 on the other hand is totally different. I screwed out the throttle and it was still pretty slow. So I went to pull out the air restrictor plate and to my horror there wasn't one. I'm guessing the top speed to be less than 20. The boy is 4 years old, so didn't expect much, but this sucks. Is there something I'm not doing?

·
Registered
512 Posts
well theres not much to expect out of a 50 but isnt 20 fast enough for a 4 year old?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
tistheman5 said:
well theres not much to expect out of a 50 but isnt 20 fast enough for a 4 year old?
Depends on the 4 year old. My cousin is 5 and has a 30 cc 2 stroke dirtbike that he winds right out and is ready for a 50 or 70 anytime.

Your pretty much screwed until he gets big enough for an 80, unless you want to sink money into modding it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's ok for this year, but not after that. He has only rode it 3 times and he already has it full throttle almost full time. It may only do 15. I think I can out run it. The point is I didn't spend over 2 grand to buy something that has the upside of a plastic/electric toy from toysrus.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am not sure, but doesn't it have a restrictor plate in the headpipe? If it does it will be at the flange, it should pop right out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't mean to get off subject but where is the air restictor plate located on the 80 and how would I take it out? My daughter has the badger 80 and I already screwed out the throttle limiter and was looking into a pipe for it just to get a little more out of it for her, when I read this post and maybe that is what I need to do for now if it helps performance. And also would I need to rejet if I take out the plate?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the Raptor 80 the air restrictor plate is behind the air filter. It is a plastic plate with 6 holes in it. It makes a decent difference. It is explained in my manual.

I read it didn't have one in the headpipe. I'm not even sure what that mean however. Would I pull off the exhaust pipe and find something in front of it?

·
Registered
268 Posts
i thought i posted it here but cant find it. there is a web site all raptor..it waz www.raptor80racing.com or something ..mite do a serch foe it .. they deal with the raptor 50 and 80... i just looked they have cams for the 50 ...hope it helps .. my 6year old races a DRR 90 with mod .. it is running now 40-45 mph . with my 180pd son on it ..he can slide it....just takes $$$$$$

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked with them. They can make it accelerate faster, but the rev limiter is the issue. I was thinking of going that route and changing the sprokets, but I remembered that it's got a shaft drive.

·
Registered
268 Posts
really i thought that they would make a cdi for it..... your sort of stuck then... thats the big thing on my sons DRR 90 sprocket change to get the 40+mph out of it... is anything changeable from the 80 cdi,etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts