Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got bored a few days ago so i thought i would take the hoe flexing! :nod: off my driveway theres like a 2 foot drop from top to bottom. not very impressive but oh well. i wanna do a 3inch body lift and throw on some 37's :tup: but like the saying goes if money grew on trees we would all live on the woods! :lol:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Are those 35's on there now, or 33's? Can't really tell from the pics. Nice looking ride

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
33 bfg a/t's. :tup: it could hold 35's but i got a helluva deal on the rims and tires.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
400ex austin said:
Looks good, you have to love that IFS flex.
aint that the truth... i cant wait for my SAS... nice pics man... i got some pics of my yota flexin... somewhere lol...

·
Registered
685 Posts
nice :tup: but save up the money if your gonna do it and do it right go with a suspension lift hell with those stupid body lifts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Yeah, don't get a body lift. I got a '96 Z-71 ext. cab shortbox with a 3" body lift. I'm going to take the BL off and put a 6" BDS suspention on this spring. Allready got the lift all lined up from a friend. :tup:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i got a 6inch Superlift so if i want a quick fix the a body lift is the cheapest way to go. i really dont do to much offroading, just trail rides and such. but i was gonna do a SAS swao with all this stuff:
-dana 44 front 8 lug axle disc
-14 bolt rear 8 lug disc
-crossover steering
-hydraulic ram
-dual hoop shocks
-Hydroboost braking system
-Highangle rear cv driveshaft
-Highangle front long travel driveshaft
-and leaf spring lift able to hold 40 inch tires.
but the guys a ORU send it would cost 20K! :scared: so that idea went right out the window. if i get another truck imma get the new DODGE POWER WAGON! that thing is a best! :tup:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
RaptorMan2002 said:
if i get another truck imma get the new DODGE POWER WAGON! that thing is a best! :tup:
Dude...you RULE. Dodge's rule. I have an 85 ram 4x4, and I'm trying to find an older 76-79 power wagon to fix up after I get my ram done. I love those power wagons, and the new ones are sweet too :tup: :tup:

Dodge :tup: :nod:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya ive always been a chevy man but that power wagon is awesome. the IFS is cool for basic offroading, but if you do anything extreme and want a huge lift the the solid axle is diffently the way to go. :tup: and it comes stock with a 12,000lb winch! :hey:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how do you make an avatar? i have one on other sites but i dont know how to do one on here?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
RaptorMan2002 said:
well i got a 6inch Superlift so if i want a quick fix the a body lift is the cheapest way to go. i really dont do to much offroading, just trail rides and such. but i was gonna do a SAS swao with all this stuff:
-14 bolt rear 8 lug disc
-crossover steering
-hydraulic ram
-dual hoop shocks
but the guys a ORU send it would cost 20K! :scared: so that idea went right out the window. if i get another truck imma get the new DODGE POWER WAGON! that thing is a best! :tup:
20k for a SAS? some1 is tryin to rip u a fucking new 1 buddy... the parts together would be $6000 tops... several guys at pavementsucks.com are doing SAS's right now go on there ull get step by step procedures on how to do it... do it urself save $14,000

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
ZBlaster said:
RaptorMan2002 said:
-14 bolt rear 8 lug disc
-crossover steering
-hydraulic ram
-dual hoop shocks
20k for a SAS? some1 is tryin to rip u a pooping new 1 buddy... the parts together would be $6000 tops... several guys at pavementsucks.com are doing SAS's right now go on there ull get step by step procedures on how to do it... do it urself save $14,000
6k tops isnt exactly accurite... Axles can add up quick. Here's some math I did awhile back....

4 38" TSL SX's- 884
JunkYard 14 bolt- 150
4.88 Gears- 200
Detroit Locker- 416
Install for Gears- 100 an end
Install kits- 200
Cutting and turning (moving perches, shock mounts etc)- 250 (est)
Then you add in drivelines, the disc brake setup, 8 lug wheels, the 3/4 ton front axle + buildup, the hyduralic steering components (bad idea for a street truck, slow and wont turn when the vehicle's off..), shocks, hoops, and the SAS kit or parts, then the lift kit. It can add up quickly, 20k is a tad high, but it could get that high with labor...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Warrior said:
ZBlaster said:
RaptorMan2002 said:
-14 bolt rear 8 lug disc
-crossover steering
-hydraulic ram
-dual hoop shocks
20k for a SAS? some1 is tryin to rip u a pooping new 1 buddy... the parts together would be $6000 tops... several guys at pavementsucks.com are doing SAS's right now go on there ull get step by step procedures on how to do it... do it urself save $14,000
6k tops isnt exactly accurite... Axles can add up quick. Here's some math I did awhile back....

4 38" TSL SX's- 884
JunkYard 14 bolt- 150
4.88 Gears- 200
Detroit Locker- 416
Install for Gears- 100 an end
Install kits- 200
Cutting and turning (moving perches, shock mounts etc)- 250 (est)
Then you add in drivelines, the disc brake setup, 8 lug wheels, the 3/4 ton front axle + buildup, the hyduralic steering components (bad idea for a street truck, slow and wont turn when the vehicle's off..), shocks, hoops, and the SAS kit or parts, then the lift kit. It can add up quickly, 20k is a tad high, but it could get that high with labor...
if u can weld and know what ur doing an SAS is no big deal to do urself... me and my cousin did his and he has done a few for his friends... sure it aint easy but its better then paying some1 to do it for him... and he was quoted $20K without tires so u can take $884 off of the list u typed earlier... and for some1 who isnt doing any major offroading there is no real need for a 14bolt or dana 44... id pick up a stock axle off an old k10 and use it... u can find them at junkyards cheap... ive been pricing to do mine and its right around $6000... sure having some1 else do it could put it up there around 20k but its really no harder then doing anything else to a vehicle suspension... as long as u take ur time and do it right then ud be ok and much less then 20K...

·
Registered
674 Posts
No offense intended, but "Just say no to body lifts". They are a pain to keep straight, and when you don't, your ride does the dog walk.

ll
ll

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya theres no way in hell i would pay 20K for that shit. ive been talking to some of the guys on pavement sucks. if all it cost is about 6K. ive got me a project! :hey:

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
sweet :tup:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Your neighbors must think you hit the crack pipe, driving off your driveway and then taking pics of it from every angle:lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts