Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can get blueprints for atv frames????? like a drag banshee frame? i finnally got my banshee motor for my graduation project (stroker baby!!!!) but now i need to start fabbing up my frame, any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks guys

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I doubt companies would give you blueprints to make the same frame that they're trying to sell you. :lol: I say get a stock frame and work on that or get measurements from a stock frame and change them to how you want it, but keeping the motor mounts, a arm mounts and stuff the same.

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
I doubt you will find any free blueprints on the internet. Frame builders keep thier blueprints and jigs top secret. I would say your best bet would be to take measurements from a stock frame (as mentioned). Make sure you fab skills are good enough not to end up killing/injuring yourself or someone else. There have been lots of lightweight drag frames built by inexperience fabricators that have folded and caused near death.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am going to be working along with a professional motorcycle fabricator that works around pittsburgh (kind of like job shadowing) so im sure we will be ok in the saftey aspect, do the clymer manual have frame measurements in them?, damn, why cant any of my freinds have a banshee!!!!! im sure he can give me a few idea for a frame to...

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
do the clymer manual have frame measurements
The manual isn't going to have bolt hole to bolt hole distance measurements.

You should be able to locate a stock frame for a few hundred $....sell it when you are done and get your money back out of it.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, screw the banshee project, i just got an email from my freind saying he sold the engine to someone else today for $200 more than i was gonna buy it ($1100), so im back to planning a full drag raptor frame lol,

anyone ever do a drag frame for a raptor?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
look for someone on the internet with a drag frame for a raptor and ask him the questions you need to know.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump it back up, still need help finding bp's if avalible, or any other help... back to the banshee drag frame

·
8,530 Posts
try to find a free blueprint of ANYTHING, damn engineers got that crap protected.. Selfish BABIES...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts