Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, the wiring sucks... I need my headlight for night riding to keep up with my neighbor on his 450. I have checked everything I can think of. The bulb is good. The switch is good. The wiring is good. I have found on the 3 wire black box (control unit?) under the hood, above the cdi (?) one wire has 20+ volts when running. One of the others is tied to the light in some way. I get no power at either of the wires to the headlight. Is this small black 3 wire box tied to the headlight in some way? could it be bad? I don't want to just throw parts at this thing. What else should I check? Are there any fuses or fusable links to check? Any help would be appreciated. I do not have a shop manual yet.

-Steve

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
are there any fuses that might be blown

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
well, I dont know. if there are any fuses. where are your wireharness at? just because the connections look connected double check them.

does any of your buddies own blasters? if so switch out that black box and see if that does the trick.

have the frame been repained or any of the electrical been removed? if so check all the ground wires for good frame contact

·
Registered
463 Posts
i had the same problem as you when i had my blaster. the headlight never worked until i rolled the quad really hard. the light switch got turned on during the roll-over and when the quad finally stopped, the light was on. i dont recomend trying to fix it this way, but it worked for me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I got the pdf blaster manual. If you have aim for msn i could send it to you. Also take a volt meter and poke around.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
.. I have rolled it... that didn't help :)

I have poked and poked with a voltmeter, checked just about everything for continuity. all is good. I am just not getting power to the headlight wires. Trouble shooting it yesterday, I checked the resistance across the lighting coil, it was within limits. The next step listed was to just replace the Voltage regulator. When I figure it out, I'll be sure to update in case anyone else has the problem, we can narrow it down quicker.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

-Steve

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the smae problem with my Blaster and the problem is the voltage regulator. The thingy with the red and white sticker on it. It should say 12V on it. I didn't bother to fix it because it is 50$ :))

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, the wiring sucks... I need my headlight for night riding to keep up with my neighbor on his 450. I have checked everything I can think of. The bulb is good. The switch is good. The wiring is good. I have found on the 3 wire black box (control unit?) under the hood, above the cdi (?) one wire has 20+ volts when running. One of the others is tied to the light in some way. I get no power at either of the wires to the headlight. Is this small black 3 wire box tied to the headlight in some way? could it be bad? I don't want to just throw parts at this thing. What else should I check? Are there any fuses or fusable links to check? Any help would be appreciated. I do not have a shop manual yet.

-Steve
Simple diagram.
https://www.blasterforum.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi39.tinypic.com%2Ff3x8c1.jpg&hash=f4e0dc27c62a932cfa6134a0b46c4b72

·
Registered
5 Posts

-Steve
https://www.blasterforum.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi39.tinypic.com%2Ff3x8c1.jpg&hash=f4e0dc27c62a932cfa6134a0b46c4b72

1 - 18 of 18 Posts