Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a Thanksgiving post in here a few days ago and sombody said something about the very next day being the busiest shopping day of the year. They referred to it though as Black Friday. I asked why but I don't think anyone posted why so I thought I would make this post to see if anyone on here knows why it is referred to as Black Friday???

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Yes, the day after thanksgiving is black friday....

i don't know why... im assuming its because its so damn busy and hecktic for stores...

i donno how you would relate it to the word black... but good post if someone has an answer :tup:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
honda boi said:
its the only day that the blacks can afford to shop

j/k
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
maybe its cause everyone gets up so early to go shopping and its still dark out.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is right, but when the stock market crashed in 1920, their sales were bad and they were recorded in a red book. Once everything got back on track, the sales started going up and back to normal and they were recorded in a black book. They called it black friday because the sales were so great....I think thats the reason :shrug:

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Origin: The origin of Black Friday comes from the shift to profitability during the holiday season. Black Friday was when retailers went from being unprofitable, or "in the red," to being profitable, or "in the black", at a time when accounting records were kept by hand and red indicated loss and black profit.

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
JayDawg said:
Cool thanks Mike! That explained it perfectly! :tup:
Heh, thank Jess, she beat me to it. :D I actually had forgotten and had to look it up..she knew it right away though. ;) :tup:

·
Registered
475 Posts
yea black fridays great. you can rip up and down ur road and no one cares cause theyre all shopping

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
ondeeeznuts said:
I think it should be called RED friday, because you want to kill everyone in your path!!
Well in my part of the US we had several people get beat up while trying to get the early morning deals. I also heard on the news that an old lady was beat with her own cane while trying to get an $18 DVD player. The things people will do to save $5 is amazing.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Down Town said:
ondeeeznuts said:
I think it should be called RED friday, because you want to kill everyone in your path!!
Well in my part of the US we had several people get beat up while trying to get the early morning deals. I also heard on the news that an old lady was beat with her own cane while trying to get an $18 DVD player. The things people will do to save $5 is amazing.
Yeah its really amazing. A few years back, some lady got pushed down and trampled on just to buy a tv. No one even stopped to help her up. They said she was in the hospital for awhile. All the store did was give her a raincheck for the tv :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts