Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or not but please advise if not.

I have a 2006 350 Raptor that I've been using for some offroad riding here and there. When I'm getting it to a higher RPM and switching up a gear, the bike starts to blip and it dramatically slows down as if it's powering on and off. A sort of jerking where the throttle isn't giving it any power then it gives it power then it isn't then repeat. Sometimes I get it to stabilise by pushing the throttle up and down (I think this is called feathering)

It gains power then loses power then repeats until I drop it into a lower gear and a much lower RPM at which point the whole bike turns off while in motion and starting it again requires a full stop with more choke.

I've found that at much lower RPMs when switching up to the gear, it doesn't have this problem as often. Sometimes it does even when in low RPM but still I can actually get to 6th gear when I change gears earlier.

·
Super Moderator
8,556 Posts
Sounds like jetting. Is the air filter clean? Have you added a pipe or air filter adapter? If so is probably starving for fuel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like jetting. Is the air filter clean? Have you added a pipe or air filter adapter? If so is probably starving for fuel
The air filter is slightly dirty, not drenched in dirt though.

There doesn't seem to be fuel going through the in-line filter, what could it be?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
it is probably the filter itself. there is not enough pressure created by gravity to push the fuel through the filter on most of the small inline filters. try it with just a straight line and see if it fixes it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The carb itself has a part that is leaking. Is there supposed to be a pipe there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts