Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of putting a different axle on this winter but was wondering which one to get. the adjustible ones sound cool, but do they really hold up? i like to ride trails and mx, so it'd be nice to switch the width for either case. i wanna be at least 2 inches wider when stretched out if not more. i was also wondering where u can get headlight covers, does anybody have pics of a black raptor with black headlight covers? thanks
dustin

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I recently installed a Lonestar Axcalibar axle which is adjustable from +2 to +4. I like it so far but have no real ride time on it. It does come with a lifetime warranty, that I hope I will never have to use. If you do buy a Lonestar, also buy thier locknut, it's top notch.

If you do a search, they are a couple of people on here who have them and have bent or broken them. They will probably disagree with me.

A side note, I would PM bansheebc, thats where I bought mine from, great service and prices :tup: :tup:

Here is a pic at +2

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
the rpm dominator is the best, but it's also expensive, right behind them is lonestar, either of these two axles will work just fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
RPM, hands down. They have absoulutely the best warranty reputation around. If you do some looking around you can find them for under $400.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i've got the rpm on mine and set up at +5 and its holding up really well. Id go with the rpm dominator or the lonestar because of the lifetime warranty. Ive heard the crome finish on the lonestar's rust easily.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
ok well if your pockets deep the dominator 2 or the team firestick axle is the way to go but your looking at 800 buckaroose for one of those....Now off to us normal people haha. This is the deal

durablue: They WILL Break if u ride hard enough ....Past experiance broke it after overshooting a 50 foot table

LSR: Theyll bend but will not break: bent one before

RPM Dominator: have only seen one person w/ a dominator axle bend one and it was me but i have a good excuse for this one haha....i came up short on 95 foot double at rausch creek by just a little and it tweaked it. but i put a shit load of abuse on that axle over one racing season :tup: so RPM is my top pick

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've had a LSR Axcalibar racing axle for 3 years i have done mx + trail racing & the axle has been great. If i were to buy another axle i would get LSR racing axles.Yes the crome does get surface rust, i just use wet&dry paper & it comes up like new.Yamaha gytr have cool looking head light covers. hpoe this helps. :)) :))

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys. does all the factory stuff fit on either lonestar or rpm axles?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts