Blue Traxx Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wetdirt,
What are the odds that 2 different carbs would do such similair things? I'm wondering if you're barking up the wrong tree! Have we talked about possible exhaust restrictions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Checked muffler and head pipe. Looked ok. Ran it out of the head still dies. It has 140 pounds of compresion. Valve timing is dead on. Tried larger jet and it improved. I'm going to try one size larger jet.

·
Registered
165 Posts
What about a worn camshaft? I've seen polaris's wear the exhaust lobes off the camshaft and they'll idle fine but when you rev them they'll start blowing air/gas out of the carb. Also seen serveral big hondas wear intake lobes and if someone's been in there before you and reset the valve clearance you wouldn't know. I had a rincon that idled fine but wouldn't pull it's own weight. after 2 trips through the carb I noticed the intake valves where only moving about 1/8 of an inch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I put the larger jet in and it runs good. I'll run it like that and see what happens. If it starts to act up again I'll check the cam. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need help i ave a bear tracker 250 runs great idles great but when riding when you let off the throttle it justs dies need help.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
can you give me any more info. like when did it start. when was the last time it ran well will it restart. not sure how the clutching works on a bear tracker. is it manual or automatic. idle set to low or clutches hanging come to mind but i need more info

21 - 26 of 26 Posts