Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;

I'm plannig to buy a raptor or a used banshee. I love in PR and the most of my friens tells me that raptors have some problems a few weeks after getting in reall mod and 2 feet water. What is the recomendation Banshee or raptor. If the answer is raptor is a 350 alright?

thanks

Noside

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
Since this posted in the Banshee section, you are likely to see the Banshee favored.

I have had lots of friends that bought a Raptor (not the 350) and loved it, however they eventually got to the point where it wasn't exhillerating anymore and they then bought a Banshee...some bought a YFZ450.

Regarding the Raptor 350, I don't know how old you are or your size, but if you are older than 18 and weight more than 150lbs, I think you are going to find the 350 to be underpowered.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
the raptor 350 is basically a warrior, it will not be enough if your looking for a speed fix.

they are very strong and dependable quads, and great for learners. but if you want fast your going to have to look at the 660-700.

the banshee and the raptor will be pretty close in actual performance, but the hit of a 2 stroke is a different ride then the torque of a 4 stroke, it really depends on the type of riding your planning on doing, if your doing any type trail riding, the raptor would probably be the better idea, both would equally suck with mx, and both would be equally good with duning/drag racing with mods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the 350 raptor is a newer version of the 350 warrior
the 660 and 700 raptor was originally designed to replace the banshee since atvs seem to be getting away from two strokes.

good qualties to the raptors are they are electric start, they are 4 strokes which you do not have to mix gas for, raptors are known for good torque

good qualities for banshee they are 2 stroke which means power band anytime i ride mine the power gives me an adrenaline rush (im sure the 660 or 700 raptor would to) banshees are known for as a good race quad or hill climber.

bad qualities for raptor i havent heard to much besides riders getting tired of the speed and wanting to go faster

banshee bad qualities front end heavy which is why there good hill climbers, the dual carb setup unlike a raptor, and parts will be a little more expensive do to the fact the banshee is a v-twin parts like : throttle cable ,carb kits, any motor work cause you will need 2 of evrything basically

hope this helped im not to sure about the 660 or 700r raptors

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
For the record.. A banshee is not a v-twin, its a side/side twin and raptor 660 has 2 carbs. Just clearing up some misleading info above..or typo!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Banshee is the way to go, just be prepared for the maintenance end of it. I'm always tweeking mine. Great machine though!

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a 2000 banshee 350 twin kickstart only with a new rebuilt engine. just put a new cdi box on, but i'm still not getting any spark. the coils are testing no resistance. does anyone know what i need to check next or what could be causing me not to have any spark?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a warrior 350 witch is identical to the raptor 350, and love it. Im a big guy and it pulls me around fine. But a banshee would undeniably be way way way faster. But my brother has a 660 raptor and for riding trails i coud not imagine needing anything more powerful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
660, the way to go

I personally pick the raptor(660) I've owned a banshee and actually traded it for my raptor. It's all about what you want I traded the banshee cuz I like speed but I also realy like torque and power, so the banshee wasn't for me. Also when I go to the sand pit I hate always being in the power band just to get up hills, I'd rather have power and lug up it with no problem. But I'm not saying the banshee isn't good at climbing! It's great at hitting the hills and smoking up them, and is a great trail bike. But I love my big powerful raptor, wich will lift off the ground with ease.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Can you be specific about what you're finding funny? I don't agree with everything everyone's written on here either but just laughing and walking away is stupid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a banshee and my brother has a raptor to me they are very nice bikes depending on what kind of riding you wanna do but my brother ALWAYS has problems with his raptor throwing clutch's!!! But it highly modified if you get a raptor i would try to go with the 700 FI

But really i think u would have more fun with the banshee :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
i own them both and for trail riding i ride the raptor 660, the 01 raptor have tran. trouble if you start to mod. out the eng., leave the eng. alone and its fine
the banshee i ride in the dunes and back roads where i can really open it up, trouble with banshee is a 2 stock, you can just ride around slow and take in the view, i love them both, also i have 2 raptor/warrior 350, and them are ok for a newbie rider, but it does not take long before you are going to want to go faster

·
Registered
15 Posts
yea i just got a 04 banshee. i came off a 04 honda 400 ex. honda 400 would be be a greatbike. dont here much about round here but it was the shit. i been riding sinse i was four. im nineteen now. overly aggressive rider and it was perfect. jumps, hills, dirt sand rocks, good amount of speed, best wheelies. i loved it.

then i got the banshee. i coudnt be more in love. even through maintaining it, trail riding it, and the boggyness. if you take care of it, its a champ. 2 stroke powerband is best. my opinion.

thx 4 reading

1 - 20 of 20 Posts