Blue Traxx Forum banner

Banshee Rebuild issue

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Dextreme 
#1 ·
Here is the low down on what i am looking at. I have a 97 banshee completely stock other than rear suspension. It started backfiring out of the right side when cold but would quickly fix itself and ran like a champ. I have done a compression test and both cylinders are running at 85. I determined it might be best to open it up and do a top end rebuild. Honed the jugs and put new rings in her after I cleaned the pistons. Jugs looked great with not scratches whatsoever. New gaskets and out the top end back together. I took apart the carbs completely and the reeds were perfect and the carbs were clean as a whistle. All parts were in working order but they could be out of tune. Compression is up to 98 each cylinder after the rebuild. However, it does not start on its own. Kicking it over would cause gas to pour out of the carb overflow.I removed the airbox and was able to open the throttle and spray some klots mixed 2-stroke into the carbs and it would start but would only idle on half choke. Also the right side that was previously backfiring does not have the equal exhaust pressure. I pulled apart the pipes and they are not plugged. I really am not sure what else to try any ideas?:???:

#3 · (Edited)
On a fresh rebuild at about 1000 ft altitude, your compression should be around 145 - 150. You don't say what mods you've got or your alitude and temp. "would only idle on half choke" If you've got just about any aftermkt pipes you ought to have a 27.5 pilots, (stocks are 25) I had a similar prob when I rebuilt mine and the pilots were too small. Get bigger pilots and set your air bleed screws to 1.5T from seated for starters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.