Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my shee back together today. It blew up. I had stock carbs last year. I am now running Mikuni 35.5's flat slides with K&N clamp ons. My left cylinder acts like it is not firing. (It does get spark) The left pipe is not even hot after 10 minutes of idling. I pulled the plug, and it is soaking wet with fuel, but it still looks brand new. No carbon or burning. The right side runs awesome.

I have 310 mains in the carbs. I am not sure of the pilots or needles. I am using 1/4 inch reed spacers. What would cause it to do this?

·
Registered
836 Posts
um,,, im not sure, but did u try and switch ur plug wires around 2 see if it will run the other side? or maybe it was just fouled out, my banshee will do that when its cold, and i move it before its warm, it will spit cought and sputter.
check all ur electrical connections also, hope i helped allitle...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the same prob. look at your choke there is a tube that runs between the carbs make sure it on good or it will make your carb seem like it has the choke on I know it sounds crazzy but thats what i was told and it was the prob. hope this helps

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried swapping the plugs and plug wires. The problem is still there. The carbs are 35.5 mikunis, so there is not a cross over tube for the choke.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Have the carbs been run before? Are you sure everything is wired correctly? Once mine did this and it was an improperly rewound stator.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I think I got it but I cant ride it until tomorrow. At least the plug is burning and the left pipe is hot.

V-Force reed Left side: You know the actual reed part that drops into the cage? If you look closely, there are 4 little tabs on the reed part. Well, 3 of them are broke off, allowing it to move around about 3/32 of an inch. I put some clear rtv silicone in there to stop it from moving around. It seems to work, I will tell the real test tomorrow. Will the silicone deteriorate causing this to happen again? I can't be the only one this has happened to. Let me know,

Thanks,
Glock

·
Registered
24 Posts
You only mention what its doing at idle , what does it do if you ride it ?
My shee did something similar , it would only idle on one cylinder and when you took off it would feel like it was only firing on one cylinder ,it would :nod: take about 30 seconds before the other cylinder would run clean.In the end i pulled the carbs apart and found a partially blocked pilot jet circuit , simply sprayed carb-clean through all the jet passages and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I dont know how your new carbs are but i had a similar prob with my shee and what it was was we put the plate in the throttle slide in wrong there is a vent hole that has to be lined up or it forms a vacume in the carb and the thing wont fire till you get it in right

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, The reed was the problem it is running great now.

Thanks!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts