Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've done some work recently in stages, I installed the air filter adapter along with a K&N filter and ditched the lid. Installed the dynojet jet kit and followed their instructions for my elevation. Bike ran great, picked up a new old stock dg krome power full exhaust and am now backfiring on deceleration as well as I was downshifting into first rolling to a stop and the bike died. It's only died once but hasn't ever done it before. I'm at 1300ft and installed a 45 pilot, DJ 148 main and DJ needle on the 4th position down per DJ instructions. Bike runs like a raped ape but backfires now, not sure if it's the more free flowing exhaust or possible too much/not enough fuel. Like I said no stumbles or hesitation from idle to redline just popping out the tailpipe using the engine to brake. Its possible the bikes done it all along I just didnt notice it with the stock silencer, truthfully the krome power is probably a wee bit louder than I would have preferred. Please help

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
decel backfire is a lean condition, check your plug. it should be a nice chocolate brown color if it is white or even light brown it is lean. the other possible cause is its lean from a cracked intake boot, a very common warrior thing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts