Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really can afford only one because i plan on upgrading shocks after this mod.
so the question is what benifits the handeling more -
+2 a-arms or +2 axle? i wont go over+2 because i do to much woods riding.

its basically used for jumping and trail riding. im about 6' 225lbs, i was thinking triple rate Elkas after the upgrade...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Well you would want a +4 rear axle, because its an overall increase, not just one side.

IMO, dont install one without the other if you are extending them. Either that or get an adjustable rear axle and keep it closer to stock length.

Dont install +2 a arms without an axle, its not a good idea.

·
Registered
513 Posts
get the axle
best money i spent and it gets rid of the tippyness so you can corner faster
also they are adjustable so if you go woods riding you can swap the spacers back around and you will then be stock width

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Elkas :tdown: Dont waste your money, get some TCS or Axis shocks..

Axle is a good deal... But I did install my a-arms 1st, and here is why, you got them money so buy whats more expensive, cause you will always find some one selling a good axle for 200 shipped, you normally dont find that good of a deal on the a-arms..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why would just the arms be a bad idea?
i look at the race quads and they all have a wider stance in the front then in the back.?.?

elkas a waste of money....thanks! that helps narrow it down.

ok for the axle whos the best? thanks

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
RPM and Lonestar are the best from what I hear. I plan on getting an RPM for mine.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
mandzach said:
ok for the axle whos the best? thanks
I'm going to put my vote in for Lonestar Axcalibar axle. I recently installed mine and love it. My confidence in woods/trails riding has increased because of the stability and cornering.

Here is a pic of the Lonestar at +4

I bought mine from Bob at Magnolia, best prices I found.

Here is a link for contact info:

www.magnoliatractorinc.com

Ice

·
Registered
390 Posts
I would suggest going with a rear +4 axle first. Makes a world of difference on handling/cornering.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok sounds like just a +4" axle will improve the cornering enough (just looking for general improvment in corners.

as far as the axle prm and lonestar....... any + or - to either one?
thanks guys, :tup:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
My R has +2 A-Arms in front and the front tires are barely a little bit wider than the front. It handles fine. I dont know about +3 though?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If anyone is interested i have a used RPM axle for sale for $250 with aluminum lock nut. The only reason im selling is because i now have 2 RPM axles and i dont need them both. This axle had some damage done to the threads due to a broken thread in the locknut. I didnt know i could just get it fixed nor did i have the time to wait so i got a new axle and now i have gotten this one fixed and dont need it. So if anyone wants the best axle on the market for cheap and including a lock nut let me know. Oh and by the way RPM has a new steal locknut to which helps prevent thread damage. The lock nut included with the axle is the older aluminum one which works perfectly well just dont take it off lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts