Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill start it off w/ the screens some of them are old but it doesnt hurt to look at them again

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/709/709100/img_2480957.html

Yes thats a jacked up golf cart :tup:
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/709/709100/img_2480956.html

Look at that sunset how pretyfull :smooch:
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/709/709100/img_2480954.html

Just wow
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/709/709100/img_2480952.html

You asked for hill climbs i think you got it
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/709/709100/img_2480951.html

Sliden sideways aye :nod:
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/709/709100/img_2480950.htm

Mmmm Dirt
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/709/709100/img_2480942.html

It gets better and better
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/709/709100/img_2480939.html

Stole my number :s96:
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/709/709100/img_2480940.html

G-out :hey:
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/709/709100/img_2480944.html

Now that ive got your attention to what the game is gonna look like heres a full artical write up on atv vs mx unleashed curtisy of ign ...games gonna be crazy make sure to pick it up :tup:

November 23, 2004 - While everyone else has tried its hand at nailing the motocross market, only the Calabasas, Ca.-based company THQ has genuinely succeeded with it year in and year out. While Activision and EA tried and failed, things took a turn for the better a few years back when it bought the talented Rainbow Studios, which quietly created the five-plus-million-selling monster hits ATV Off-Road Fury and ATV Off-Road Fury 2 on PlayStation 2. Yeah, that was them. Now, they're onto something bigger and better, MX Vs. ATV Unleashed.

At first sight, MX Vs. ATV Unleashed, which stands for Motocross Versus All-Terrain Vehicle, might sound like a mistake. Why would anyone in their right mind want to mix these two distinctly different sports? If you're a surfer, you would never create a game called Surfing Vs. Boogie Boarding; you'd get hate mail from everyone who surfed, and spongers would be even more scared to paddle out into the lineup from them on.

But THQ and Rainbow know their markets, and what's an even bigger relief, they know their motocross and ATV racing. MX Vs. ATV Unleashed enables you to ride both motocross bikes and handle ATVs, but you if you only love MX, or you love only ATVs, you will not have to ride the other despicable vehicle. It's two games in one.

If you played Rainbow's last game, MX Unleashed, you'll know that game featured wide open spaces, a great new physics engine, and more importantly the ability to ride other vehicles. Even more importantly, said other vehicles didn't suck. They were worth playing, creating a different dynamic to the entire game, and adding the sorely missing element of humor and fun to the dry straightforward series. Thus, the MX and supercross bikes handle extremely well, and the ATVs handle just as sweetly.

For the fun of it, they've returned with other vehicles, too. Apparently THQ told Rainbow to loosen up and let its hair down a little, and now we'll see the return of the off-road truck, a mud-treading, hopped-up golf car (YES!), helicopters, airplanes, and even the coolest new thing on the block: super motos -- motocross motorcycles with street bike tires that ride on mixed terrain courses.

If you thought last year's game was big, this one is a mother trucker. Featuring 50 licensed vehicles, 50 tracks, 24 pro riders, a 20-song soundtrack, improved visuals, and huge environments that include built-in mini-courses, MX Vs. ATV is one game you'll never worry about being shallow or short. You'll be able to instantly plaster your racing suit with mud in Single player mode, start a healthy pro campaign in Career, or connect online and play against as many as six people in online Multiplayer mode. You can also simply vie against one other in a two-player split-screen game. If you're really a diehard player and want realism at its finest, then Pro Physics Mode is your game. It's hard, with more sliding, wrecks, and more realistic gameplay. If you stink in regular play, you'll want to stay far away from this killer mode.

If last year's effort expanded the traditional MX game into wide open spaces and gave riders a brand new physics system to dig into, this year's game fills in the blank spots. For instance, in single-player mode you can simply drive around the environments and explore. Instead of endless dunes and purdy tumbleweeds everywhere, you'll find tons of racing challenges and mini-games. The wide open spaces have been retrofitted with courses including hill climbing, combo attacks, Dash for Cash games (one lap for cash, winner takes all), vertical challenges (whoever gets the highest wins), short tracks, machine challenges (any vehicles versus any vehicle) and more.

In Freestyle mode, you'll find gap courses (structured like those in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series), high score, big air, and follow the leader runs as well. The maps aren't any bigger than last year's game, but they were big enough to include Stargate-like warpgates to zap you in a flash to the level's other side.

Like MX Unleashed, stunts, pre-loads, clutch work, and the simple act of managing your vehicle in mid-air are all part of racing well. The newest stunt, however, should have the hardest of the hardcore slavering. Apparently, no other MX game has successfully pulled off a lateral 360 move, a problem now solved by Rainbow. Using the analog controller and quickly flicking it from left to right enables you to pull off the vaunted 360 on your MX bike or your ATV mini-monster.

Visually, it's the best looking game in the series. MX Vs. ATV runs at a 30 FPS, and the 75% complete build we witnssed ran smoothly and well offline (we didn't see the online in action). The game features newly added perspectives, including the harrowing first-person view, and two side views that work surprisingly well.

The lighting system works incredibly well, and it's backed up with environments that show off an additional texture pass, creating the look of bump-mapping without the cost to the game engine. When standing still and looking straight at them, they show off a distinctly rough surface that's more difficult to see when moving. The result is that the lighting from the sun creates more shadows, tones, and textures for all surfaces.

We saw the PS2 and Xbox versions, and both look very good. Both support wide-screen, but the Xbox version supports progressive scan, up to 16:9, and it looks gorgeous. The vehicles are all created with realism in mind, and each is built on the exact specs from the manufacturers themselves, so you'll see the exact engines, frames, shapes and everything else perfectly re-created. THQ has added in night courses too, and it features all sorts of weather effects, from rain to snow, dust storms to fog. Tracks with mud in them will spray your rider and vehicle as each race progresses.

Look for secret characters like Big Foot, the Sandman, and Ed Asner.

Sound-wise, the game offers 20 songs (as opposed to the 13 from last year), all of which are exclusively licensed from real world artists and bands. Several bands, including Nickleback, Black Eyed Peas, and the Cotton Mouth Kings created songs exclusive to this game only. On both systems, players can select their favorite songs from a customizable list, and Xbox gamers can rip their own music if they'd like. The PS2 version supports Dolby Pro Logic II, the Xbox version features Dolby 5.1 surround sound.

What we have here is a game that stands way above the fray thanks to Rainbow's years of crafting, tuning, and improvement. Due in late February for both systems, MX Vs. ATV is a well-honed, massive romp that dials into diehard motocross and supercross fans' desires, while giving ATV riders a real run for their money. And don't forget, these are the guys who created ATV Off-Road Fury 1 and 2, they know their rhythm games. Instead of a letdown for either camp, it's the direct opposite. The motocross guys who hate ATVs will get their fill, and the ATV guys who detest the motocross dudes can ride to their heart's delight. Everyone can just get along.

actical by
Douglass C. Perry

Damn i can not wait for this game

paul

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Looks and Sounds good i just hope they dont back the date up like they recently did to gran turismo 4 :s96:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Yea that game looks sick, Im def. getting it the day it comes out. I gotta see when you can start putting reserves in. How come is doesn't show the yfz or anything real? I heard theres supposed to be real quads?

·
Registered
919 Posts
ahh i want it! Looks like that game is going to be worth it. Screw AOF3

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cvillecoldblood said:
Yea that game looks sick, Im def. getting it the day it comes out. I gotta see when you can start putting reserves in. How come is doesn't show the yfz or anything real? I heard theres supposed to be real quads?
They are supposed to have fully licens quads in it but which ones arnt set in stone yet. in the original mx unleashed they did have yamaha as one of there licensed names so lets hope they do it again and bring int he yfz 450 and the rest of the line up

Paul
88x

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I saw a Z-400 for licensed quads

Im definetly picking this game up id much rather have ^^ than the quads in ATVOF3 It doesnt look like you can mod your quads unfortuantley though.

·
Registered
864 Posts
thats gonna be one sweet game when does it come out

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
OMG that looks sweeet! Will it be for x box too? A Z400, sweet! Graphics look incredible.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
mxthunder said:
OMG that looks sweeet! Will it be for x box too? A Z400, sweet! Graphics look incredible.
I think it's only for xbox :lol:

MXU had yamaha and suzuki dirtbikes.
I can't wait :drool:

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
No, its for Xbox and PS2.

I cant wait, me and Trinity were talking in chat about it last night, it is gonna be sweet. :drool:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
the guy said the z400 wasnt gonna be in it becasue suzuki said they dont want there quad to do backflips? I guess they chaged there minds

1 - 20 of 25 Posts