Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night I was on AIM and some kid whos screen name is BROWNCAPPIN Imed me and was like..

BROWNCAPPIN: Yo
QuadRacer5895: Hey whos this?
BROWNCAPPIN: You know bitch
QuadRacer5895: Uh.. No i dont who is this?
BROWNCAPPIN: You should of said you knew me fucker!

Then all of a sudden this other kid PORTVIKING Imed me only there was like 1000 different PORTVIKING's (PORTVIKING01, PORTVIKING02, etc.) And he tried to IM, Connect, Talk, Game, Chat, Video, Warn.. basically everything that causes an AIM popup, he did! :tdown: Within one minute, I had over 50 AIM popups from this kid alone! Now whats really pissing me off is that ever since that happened, my computer has been running like shit :tdown: :tdown: I ran a virus scan and cleaned out my computer which didnt help at all :tdown: Now when I try to log onto my name, the icons, start menu, toolbar dont show up so I have to hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete and open EXPLORER.EXE. Does anybody know what I can do to fix the computer with out Reformating it? Thanks guys :tup:

Lesson learned - If BROWNCAPPIN IMes me, Warn and ignore. :tup: :nod:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Go to start > accessories > system tools > system restore

Then restore it till like a day before you got attacked and it should help :tup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
If you close explorer.exe thats closing you're WINDOWS explorer, not like IE explorer. What he used is called a lagger and it does what you just explained, it loads bots up, then hits the person w/ direct connections, conference invites, ect.. a 'booter'.. If you close down AIM, reboot you're computer shouldn't run no differt you aint got no virus so dont worry there :tup:

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-LE-YFZ450 said:
If you close explorer.exe thats closing you're WINDOWS explorer, not like IE explorer. What he used is called a lagger and it does what you just explained, it loads bots up, then hits the person w/ direct connections, conference invites, ect.. a 'booter'.. If you close down AIM, reboot you're computer shouldn't run no differt you aint got no virus so dont worry there :tup:
Im not closing explorer.exe, I have to open it up through ctrl+alt+delete to start. Like Ill click my name, and nothing will show up but my background. So I Hit ctrl+alt+delete > File > New Task > Explorer.exe and then it shows up.

But about this AIM thing.. can you explain this better? Do you think I was infected by a trojan? Thanks for the help :tup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm not saying you 'didn't' get hit by a trojan but its doubtful. What happend is they loaded a bot list, a bot list beeing a list of IDS and passwords. They signed it onto a AIM server then they used a program called like a dissconnecter or booter to hit you. What it does is open up a bunch of windows ect trying to connect w/ you, trying to invite you places ect! And it does it again and again until it lags your computer out. This can be stopped by going to privecy and not allowing IMs from outsiders. But it is possiable to get your IP from direc connecting w/ people, and voxing, so if you did accept one they coulda snatched your IP, DoSed it, or got the port that it came from (which I forget which port AIM uses) then try to connect to your computer, i'm not to sure.. Do a search on www.google.com like 'AIM DUDE' or 'AIM island' they're wbesites that host programs like the one you was hit by

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I mess w/ my friends all the time w/ stuff like this you dont have a trojan what it was is an AIM flooder and can be downloaded pretty much anywhere. What it does is like its name it just floodeds the shit outa ur aim w/ opening up all the aim windows and little extras in it then makes it run slow as balls. If it helps try uninstalling aim then reinstall it should work fine but if not then hmm it may have been something different but like LE said i highly doubt it was a trojan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts