Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fellow Arkansas people on here? Know of anywhere to ride? Ive heard there is some spots in hot springs and up north, but thats about it

·
Registered
230 Posts
I realize this is an OLD post, but I've not seen ANYONE mention the ARkansas area in the last few years. Therefore I found it somewhat important to list a few areas that I know of. Hopefully stirring the pot will get some other folks to post their experiences as well.

Riding areas in Arkansas are getting harder and harder to find. Gas drilling everywhere. Many of the WMAs that used to allow ATV riding have closed up or sold off land to gas/oil industry and/or timber companies. If you live in Central part of the state, you're going to want to plan on driving a while to get to a decent riding area.

Moccasin Gap (I've been...have never found all the trails)
Devils Den (never been there)
Malvern somewhere...never been out there either
wolf pen Gap...never been. Outside Mena
big creek-I've been there many moons ago. Might be closed (outside Marshall, AR)
also twin creeks or Big Piney...been there, but did not ride. Knoxville exit (north of russellville if I remember correctly)
Kirby Landing @ Lake Greeson
Byrd's adventure center? NEver been there (just heard about it)
Mt. Magazine (never been...read about it)
Mill Creek (never been)
White Rock Mountain in the Boston Mountains. Never been there either.

There's more-however I do not know of any public lands. I used to ride over near Heber Springs at the Jim Kress WMA. Off limits to ATV's now, as we were told by the G&FC. Also we used to ride some near Nimrod, actually Winona WMA. Also off limits and it's policed from what I am told. Some people were dumping heavy metals over there. Always somebody to ruin it for everyone else. And...close to where I live is Stony Point, but now is off limits as well. Weyerhauser (sp?) bought/leased all that land and if you're caught out there, you're in deep dookie! (friends' experiences...not mine). One last tidbit, we used to ride out by Clinton in the Bald Mountain area. Great at night, or used to be. Haven't been on an ATV ride in at least 3 years. Looking forward to going again but I gotta pick up another wheeler.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts