Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already contacted Yoshimira directly. I could not locate similar Exhaust. It's in my 2001 Raptor 660r. It also has Stainless Headers that glow cherry after about 10 minutes if riding easy. Only thing I know is it's compatible with a Yoshimira TEC-SB Spark Arrestor. Header has several "brackets". Stainless Headers are apparently compatible with OEM heat shields, also shown in picture. I need info on exhaust properly tune machine. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I thought that was possible but after testing several brand new plugs we concluded it is apparently NOT running lean,plug is a nice tannish brown. After respondents with Yoshimira and sharing pictures with them they concluded that there's a good chance the packing is destroyed and from prolong negligence on valve lash adjustment, it is likely there are carbon deposits causing the excessive heat. We also determined the Headers are also Yoshimira a complete RS-3 set up. I didn't realize that neglecting to pack your pipe could cause excessive heat. So you can delete this string if needed. I am in the process of repacking Exhaust but naturally 1 hex rounded out..here..Such is life apparently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts