Blue Traxx Forum banner

Anyone ever had a problem shifting into reverse after the motor gets hot?

Tags
reverse
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  diggerzmound 
#1 ·
My wife runs an 01 Warrior and the last several times we've been riding...she has had to shut the motor down in order to shift into or out of reverse. While cool, she can shift back and forth just fine. I was just reading the threads about adding an oil cooler and will try that, but that still leaves me wondering if and what is happening. I cant believe this to be normal. Thanks to anyone that can offer advise. Be advised that I am no quad mechanic but can complete most any rebuild needed. Thanks again!

#2 ·
i have a problem getting out of reverse when it gets pretty warm. i have had the oil cooler for a while too and i can only tell a little difference in the problem. i never have to shut the engine down, but i do use a few choice words and some elbow grease lol. it's def not fun while stuck in the mud and you need to rock it back and forth. the problem with getting into neutral is a lot better with the cooler though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.