Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just rebuilt the top end after sitting for almost 2 years. i have a mikuni T36-68a carb and an HMF competition pipe. i'm having issues tuning it.
pipe glows red hot, but the plug comes carboned. Under load it seems to bog over 1/4 throttle.. anyone using one of these carbs? what jet sizes worked?
~ no holes in the intake boot
~ valve lash is all good
~ timing is bang-on

thanks for the view.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm running one, great carb. I've got a 127.5 main and 12.5 pilot

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i love it too thats why i don't want to go back to stock lol. are you running a aftermarket pipe as well? and what position is your needle in?

·
Registered
586 Posts
I've never touched the needle, I have a yosh exhaust and um airbox

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update

i have tried the 127.5 main and 17 pilot, all the way up to 145 main and a 35 pilot as well as adjusting the needle notch in all five positions without any major change (sputters at mid-top/WOT) i switched to a hotter plug which made it run a little bit better but it still sputters mid to top end and when you punch it WOT. it wont stay idling unless your on and off the throttle.

I just checked the lash, and tested the ignition coil seems to be running a little bit under the spec resistance. i will replace that but it seems like a shot in the dark.

any additional info would be greatly appreciated.:tup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts