Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K i was rejetting the banshee and somehow i lost the washer inbetween the main jet and the carb!!!

So do the K&N Jet kit's Come with these washers???

Also what jets do you think i should run i have 220's in it right now with t5's with airbox and lid.... But i need them bigger i think cuz the Plugs were white after i rode it!!!????!!!

HELP IS MUCHO APPRCIATED!!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
yea i just posted this same topic like last week,i have the same exact setup motor wise with my shee',i had 240's in mine,to be honest i bemped all the way to 340's and it runs perfect that way,my plugs look great,no signs of leaning out,or to rich what u have goin on is leaning out,u could go to 340 but 300 should be perfect for what uhave,also id prob go to 1 3/4 or 2 screws out from seated on ur air screw..its what i did and it works great...ull deff fell a difference especcially uin the top end

·
Registered
4 Posts
gotta love all the guys with piped banshees who run and recommend these huge mains and 30 pilots on piped banshees, no wonder the banshee gets such a bad rap for a horrible low end and bog that most people are accustomed to thinking comes with 2 strokes, not so if its actually jetted and tuned properly
take the lid off first off- if your near sea level run the stock needle on 4th clip down from blunt end,in the summer with the warm weeather id try 280's to start with the lid off, with the 280s and lid on its gota be rich, ditch that lid, let it breathe, always start the main jet rich and lean it out, do a propper plug chop to fine tune the main jet, do a google search on 2 stroke plog chop instead of tryin to guess, then work on the needle clip setting, get rid of the TORS, then sync the slides on top of carbs with new throttle cable, , then turn your idle up a bit, play with your air/fuel screws till u get the highest idle out of it on each , should be between 1-2 turns out, any more and your pilot is too big, vise versa, get the highest idle that way, then turn the idle screws back down to a normal idle, theres really no reason a stock, piped banshee, should be running above 300 mains,unless you are running pod filters or at cold temperature, you have to rejet for fall/winter riding too remember, 30 pilot will always be too big on a piped banshee, very few pipes sometimes like a 27.5, especially with pod filters, but thats not the case, leave your stock pilot in there

·
Registered
1 Posts
gotta love all the guys with piped banshees who run and recommend these huge mains and 30 pilots on piped banshees, no wonder the banshee gets such a bad rap for a horrible low end and bog that most people are accustomed to thinking comes with 2 strokes, not so if its actually jetted and tuned properly
take the lid off first off- if your near sea level run the stock needle on 4th clip down from blunt end,in the summer with the warm weeather id try 280's to start with the lid off, with the 280s and lid on its gota be rich, ditch that lid, let it breathe, always start the main jet rich and lean it out, do a propper plug chop to fine tune the main jet, do a google search on 2 stroke plog chop instead of tryin to guess, then work on the needle clip setting, get rid of the TORS, then sync the slides on top of carbs with new throttle cable, , then turn your idle up a bit, play with your air/fuel screws till u get the highest idle out of it on each , should be between 1-2 turns out, any more and your pilot is too big, vise versa, get the highest idle that way, then turn the idle screws back down to a normal idle, theres really no reason a stock, piped banshee, should be running above 300 mains,unless you are running pod filters or at cold temperature, you have to rejet for fall/winter riding too remember, 30 pilot will always be too big on a piped banshee, very few pipes sometimes like a 27.5, especially with pod filters, but thats not the case, leave your stock pilot in there
T5's are far from a stock pipe and leaving the stock pilots will cause a lean condition, especially if those tiny holes get clogged and they often do being the #1 reason for bad idle and hard starts.

With this config id say 27.5 to 30 on the pilots try bigger then dial back if needed, and 290 to 340 on the mains

1 - 7 of 7 Posts