Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIOS... A new internet service that is being tested. With a minimum connecction speed of 5mbps download and 2mbps upload, it will kick the crap out of your cable, DSL, or whatever you have right now (Unless you have like T3, or any type of OC connection, of course). The kicker.... IT'S $40 A MONTH! Here are the different services offered...

Up to 5 Mbps/2 Mbps
Installation - Waived
FREE
$39.95/mo

Up to 15 Mbps/2 Mbps
Installation - Waived
FREE
$49.95/mo

Up to 30 Mbps/5 Mbps
Installation - Waived
FREE
$199.95/mo

As of right now, it is being tested in Tampa bay, parts of California, and Texas.

It's a service which is going to be offered by Verizon. Here's the link: FIOS
:kickass:

·
Registered
201 Posts
:kickass: man what sucks is when they laied fiber down here they stopped like 300 yards away from my house. maybe they will have that stuff in my area im still on 56k :(

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
blasterboy88 said:
Foxracin said:
Hell id be happy with cable or DSL :lol:
Me too, the only thing I can get is 56k where i live... :(
Yeah, sucks to have dial up... I hate it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
its just like cable internet. it is UP to that speed. In the beginning it will be fast - but many people purchase the service, the speed will significantly decrease because you are sharing the speed with several others.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ritthjp said:
its just like cable internet. it is UP to that speed. In the beginning it will be fast - but many people purchase the service, the speed will significantly decrease because you are sharing the speed with several others.
your exactly right. what i use is CHARTER the big company that is buying out a lot of small outfits around the u.s. and it is a PIPELINE which means if you are the only one on your PIPELINE then it will be real fast but if bunch of others join in it gets slower. that was the case at first, couple years ago but they bumped it up to 3meg for free for everybody. i can have 3 tv's on and be online and nothin slows down. its 30.00 bucks a month, but you also have to have digital cable too, which i think is 20-30 bucks not bad.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Don't forget, there is a difference between rated speed and actual throughput.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts