Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
8,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You can make your clutch pull as easy as a YFZ... :tup:

First thing is get a good cable, motion pro makes a Terminator series for the Warrior, I recommend it..

Your clutch perch, get one with a bearing on the pivot point, or at least one that has a brass bushing..

Then take your clutch arm off, cut it before the bend by the splined hole, get a small piece of metal to Weld back in, extending it by 1/2" - 3/4". You will have amazingly smooth easy clutch pull.

Warrioracer#13, Montecarlo, Sandman1, yamahaQuad350, govierbros, and I are running my extended clutch arm.. They can tell you how much easier this will make your clutch to pull..

I have been running my modified arm for a few years now, no problems, and no more sore forearms....

PM me if you don't feel like doing it yourself.

This modification WILL make your warriors clutch MUCH easier to Pull!!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I HGIHLY recommend this!! It's INSANE how much easier the clutch pull is! I put Barnett springs in my clutch and an extra steel plate when I built my motor, and even with an EZ pull lever, it was still a little stiff. With this arm, it's smooth as buttah! This is the best dollar-for-result mod you can get!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, but that will shorten the throw of the clutch. It will not spread the plates as far.

·
8,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mxthunder said:
Sounds like a great idea, but that will shorten the throw of the clutch. It will not spread the plates as far.
If you adjust your clutch properly it changes very little.. :nod:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
diggerzmound said:
I can make your clutch pull as easy as a YFZ... :tup:

First thing is get a good cable, motion pro makes a Terminator series for the Warrior, I recommend it..

Your clutch perch, get one with a bearing on the pivot point, or at least one that has a brass bushing..

Then take your clutch arm off, cut it before the bend by the splined hole, get a small piece of metal to Weld back in, extending it by 1/2" - 3/4". You will have amazingly smooth easy clutch pull.

Warrioracer#13, Montecarlo, and Sandman1 are running my extended clutch arm.. They can tell you how much easier this will make your clutch to pull..

IN the spirit of the Holidays I will modify anyones clutch arm for them. PM me, I will give you my address to send me your clutch arm..

$10 if you send me your clutch arm for modification.

I have been running my modified arm for better then a year now, no problems, and no more sore forearms....

This modifacation WILL make your warriors clutch MUCH easier to Pull!!
i may take you up on this deal. i have to talk to my bro and ask him if he wants to do it, its his machin :lol:

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
racingatvs said:
I dont know about the whole idea. If it works so good why doesnt yamaha make them that long out of the factory?
There is a lot of things they could do but dont. If u notice its not to hard to do now, and for them to change there molds would cost them millions, when its fine now, but if it can be better for that cheep...why the hell not!!

U will be getting mine once i lay it up for winter...if i get it fixed in time to drive to lay it up for winter that is lol

·
Registered
427 Posts
just got mine done and i love it! i just put a barnett dirt digger clutch in it (wich has tougher springs) so its ALOT harder to pull in the clutch so when i saw what he was doing i sent mine off (wich i got back very quick by the way) and its awsome! very profesional looking :nod: as soon as i get some pics ill post some up but if you want a quick, VERY CHEAP, easy to do mod that your rist and hand will thank you for later this is the thing :tup: thanks alot diggerzmound!

P.S. it was also painted silver to match every thing unlike the previews pic wich was greatly apretiated lol sorry...now your prob gonna have to do them alll that way....thanks again man

·
Registered
466 Posts
what do you mean adjust it propprely just on the bar sort of area or to you mean in the mottor

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
I'll testify that it is a good mod, quality part, and not detrimental to your hardware. :deal: There are lots of things you will spend and have spent your money on that will not do nearly as much for your comfort! This testimony is only valid on the grounds that our worthy moderator recognizes that I am the Bluetraxx member known as MontYcarlo! :bk:

:lmao:

And don't any of you think for a second he's trying to get rich off of ya.... I do believe he gave you the secret you can do it yourself!

·
8,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ausie warior said:
what do you mean adjust it propprely just on the bar sort of area or to you mean in the mottor
Unless you are running a shorty clutch lever there is plenty of adjustment in the clutch system on the warrior.. Look for yourself. Next time you ride watch how much slack you have after the clutch engages, dunno about yours but with my new clutch in mine, it fully engages in about 1 1/2" of the 3" of travel of my lever. If my mod. changes the spot where your clutch engages, you can adjust the cable on the outside of the clutch cover..

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
racingatvs said:
I dont know about the whole idea. If it works so good why doesnt yamaha make them that long out of the factory?
The only thing I would be concerned with is how well the clutch disengages in the winter, especially when clutch plates are new. I tend to think the clutch will drag more in cold temperatures along with thicker oil. This could mean you get a surprise the first time you click the transmission into 1st gear with your new clutch arm in cold weather.

I have a PEP extended clutch arm on my YFZ450 and I love it. It only extends the arm's radius by about 1/8th inch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just took the cable and bracket from a raptor 350 and ran them just like it on my warrior. Cost less than $30 works great.

·
8,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RPyfz450 said:
racingatvs said:
The only thing I would be concerned with is how well the clutch disengages in the winter, especially when clutch plates are new. I tend to think the clutch will drag more in cold temperatures along with thicker oil. This could mean you get a surprise the first time you click the transmission into 1st gear with your new clutch arm in cold weather.

I have a PEP extended clutch arm on my YFZ450 and I love it. It only extends the arm's radius by about 1/8th inch.
This is a common issue with the warrior in stock form, and with my extended clutch arm. When cold and stock, it was sticky, and cold extended, same thing. Easy fix, warm up the engine before you try to go anywhere....

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
i out a shorter lever on mine and dirt digger clutch with heazy duty springs....yah its kinda stiff, i am going to try to suffer threw it for a while, but if it is just to bad, ill be sending mine your way

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there, I just picked up an 03 and I am interested in this mod as my wife will be riding it as well. I am just trying to get a visual of what this mod is all about. Would you happen to have a pic?

Thanks

Michael

·
8,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just above your right ankle when sitting on the quad you can see the clutch arm. You can remove the clutch cable and the e-clip and pull the arm off the shaft. Take note where you took it off, mark it with a marker or something. just make the arm longer... I cut them in the middle and added 1/2" of material to extend that arm.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
rappy clutch modd

I don't meen to tread on any toes,but found this on another forum.put this on my 2000 ,and omg!!!!:tup::tup::tup:
5YT-16340-00-00 PUSH LEVER ASSY $9.07

90508-16022-00 SPRING, TORSION $0.95

5YT-15441-10-00 HOLDER, CLUTCH CABLE $6.41

95817-08045-00 BOLT, FLANGE (95802-08045-00) $0.95

5YT-26335-10-00 CABLE, CLUTCH $10.83

Total should be $28.21 then add shipping.
my dealer said that it runs more $$$$,but he would give me a disscount and sell it to me at this price.++++++:rock::rock::rock:

·
8,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So did you just put the newer Raptor 350 arm on the warrior??

I am betting that is all they did was make the arm longer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts